Peugeot 5008 II 1.5 diesel navigation problems

This is the Connected NAV system.
Main Features: It is a fully integrated Telematics System featuring CarPlay, Android Auto, Real Time Services, Voice Commands, High-Res Display, 3D Navigation, Bluetooth Hands Free & USB. 2 versions of the system are available NAC (Navigation Audio Connectée) and RCC (Radio Couleur Connectée) or Connected Colour Radio, which does not have the Integrated Navigation or Live Services.

Moderator: GiveMeABreak

kingpatrikro

Peugeot 5008 II 1.5 diesel navigation problems

Post by kingpatrikro »

Good evening, I also have an issue with my car. The music volume decreases when there is more bass in the song, without any option to adjust the volume based on speed or any other way. This happens both when I'm using Bluetooth on my iPhone 12 and when using a cable. I've also tried with Samsung, and it behaves the same way. Only on the radio does this problem not seem to occur.

A second issue is that sometimes when I try to reverse, the rear camera stops working, and I see an exclamation mark. I don't understand why. It doesn't matter if it's raining outside or if I've washed the car; it appears randomly and resolves itself randomly. Do you have any idea what might be happening with my navigation and camera?
Last edited by GiveMeABreak on 11 Apr 2024, 13:07, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved to NAC Telematics Sub-Forum
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: Peugeot 5008 II 1.5 diesel navigation problems

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Possible something wrong with the head unit - so really needs a diagnostic to find what fault codes are showing - then put them up here with your VIN so I know what equipment you have fitted.

If you are playing music really loudly and using the other features of the head unit, it may be over-heating. When this happens, the unit reduces volume to reduce the heat from the internal amplifier. The heat may also be affecting the operation of the unit which includes the reversing camera image.

Try putting the A/C onto a colder temperature and see if when the vehicle is cooled down whether the volume returns to normal.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
kingpatrikro

Post by kingpatrikro »

this is my vin: VF3**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

So if I understand you correctly, you are referring to the volume change based on vehicle speed? The volume of the audio system is adjusted automatically in relation to the vehicle speed (but it can be deactivated by the user). You'll need to locate this option in the sound options.

Also, be aware that each audio source has separate sound settings that are stored, so you need to spend some time setting these up each for the radio, MP3 files via USB, etc.

But, as as I mentioned if the system gets too hot, then the internal fan is triggered and volume is reduced until the internal amp cools down.

Marc
kingpatrikro

Post by kingpatrikro »

No matter the source of the sound, Bluetooth cable, the only time the volume doesn’t decrease is when I’m on the radio. I don’t understand what could be happening; I don’t have any settings activated regarding sound optimization based on vehicle speed. I don’t know how to tell if I have an issue with navigation or not. I also have a very strange sign; sometimes when I get into the car, the ceiling lights stay on for about a second and then they all turn off. It does this quite rarely, but it seems to be a sign that something is not right.Sometimes, but very rarely, the navigation screen starts to flicker, whether I'm driving or stationary.The thing is, at some point, it corrects itself and works normally again. Quite rarely, I've also noticed—and I'm not sure if it's related—that sometimes when I want to reverse, the backup camera doesn't work. It's the same when it acts up on its own. I don't know if it's an issue with the navigation system itself or perhaps a problem with the cables.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

You may well have an issue with the head unit itself or the connections. Maybe you should check these and make sure they are secure, then a diagnostic of the unit - which you will really need Diagbox to do as a basic code reader won't be advanced enough to read the bespoke manufacturer codes.

Marc