Extended Warranty

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

Sloppysod
Donor 2024

Extended Warranty

Post by Sloppysod »

I'm after suggestions for extended warranty providers for a 1 year old Citroën have just paid the deposit on.

I tried using the Citroën online quotes system but for some unknown reason the car is not recognised? I will follow this up by phone tomorrow!

The dealer I bought the car from wants to sell me a two year Spoticar warranty and I'm sure there are other options out there that will give me longer cover!

Thanks in advance
Stu 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

"Some cause happiness wherever they go, others whenever they go"Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)

Major interventions
C5 Steering rack @ 58,000 mi
4 discs & Pads @ 63,585 mi
2 (AM6) oil exchanges @ 58,876 & 72,378 mi
mickthemaverick
Donor 2024

Re: Extended Warranty

Post by mickthemaverick »

An ideal purpose for using Money Supermarket Stu, have a look at this: https://www.moneysupermarket.com/car-in ... -warranty/
:)
I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure!
I used to ride on two wheels, but now I need all four!
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Sloppysod wrote: 21 Apr 2024, 11:48 I'm after suggestions for extended warranty providers for a 1 year old Citroën have just paid the deposit on.

I tried using the Citroën online quotes system but for some unknown reason the car is not recognised? I will follow this up by phone tomorrow!

The dealer I bought the car from wants to sell me a two year Spoticar warranty and I'm sure there are other options out there that will give me longer cover!

Thanks in advance
Why would you need this Stu? If the vehicle is only 1 year old, you have 2 years remaining of manufacturer's warranty. They should know this as they 3 year warranties from new. I would only consider an extended warranty for year 4 onwards.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Sloppysod
Donor 2024

Post by Sloppysod »

GiveMeABreak wrote: 21 Apr 2024, 12:22 Why would you need this Stu? If the vehicle is only 1 year old, you have 2 years remaining of manufacturer's warranty. They should know this as they 3 year warranties from new. I would only consider an extended warranty for year 4 onwards.
I know I have another 2 years manufacturer's warranty, but I have never been in this situation before and thought, from what the salesman was suggesting, it is something I have to arrange ASAP for it to start as soon as the current 3 year warranty expires, obviously not.🤔

Going through a VERY big learning curve, and NOT remembering NOT to believe what salesmen say.
Stu 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

"Some cause happiness wherever they go, others whenever they go"Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)

Major interventions
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

If considering a Citroen Extended warranty (or their latest equivalent - they keep changing the names) it is usual to take it out just before the manufacturer warranty comes to an end to maintain cover. They may then invite you to continue the cover each year.

The sales team may try and get you to take out other contracts like GAP insurance and all the rest of it - all optional but will make up the difference between the insurance pay-out and the price you bought it for if written off.

I would certainly query why they were trying to sell you extended warranty at this stage knowing full-well the manufacturer's warranty is still in force....

Marc
Sloppysod
Donor 2024

Post by Sloppysod »

GiveMeABreak wrote: 21 Apr 2024, 12:46 I would certainly query why they were trying to sell you extended warranty at this stage knowing full-well the manufacturer's warranty is still in force....
Thanks Marc, Considered GAP, but haven't sorted insurance out yet so i will see what cover i can get. Let's just say that if I have to deal with Budgens of Shrewsbury again it would be too soon.
Stu 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

Major interventions
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Good luck!

Marc