DS3 2016 Mirrorlink

This is the Forum for all your DS Automobiles Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Street

Re: DS3 2016 Mirrorlink

Post by Street »

I had a similar issue and ended up getting the Carlinkit 4.0 adapter. This allowed me to connect my Samsung phone and use Android Auto via CarPlay in the headunit. It works great!
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

It may do what you are looking for, but be aware of 18% 1 star reviews. Sounds a bit laggy and glitchy - but if you can put up with all the issues it may get you out of a fix.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/product-review ... filter-bar
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Street

Post by Street »

It took a bit of setting up for me to get the resolution and the DPI right, but other than that it works great. I leave it plugged in and my phone auto connects and goes straight to Waze on the headunit. I've been using it daily for a couple months now and it's been pretty much hassle free, just a couple freezes which were sorted by just unplugging it and plugging it back in. I think a lot of the 1 star reviews are people that didn't spend the time to configure it. Admittedly, I did manage to brick the first one I tried doing a firmware update, but I just returned it via Amazon for another one. It's never going to be a perfect solution as it's converting AA to CarPlay, but without having an Apple phone and MirrorLink being EoL it's about the best option.

Leevis

Post by Leevis »

Hi everyone

Coming to terms with the fact that i cant get this to work for a multitude of reasons. Was just browsing as you do and come across a thing called CarlinKit 4.0 (there is also a 5.0) - wondering if this solution works or if anyone has tried it. Looks like you can plug this into the USB and connect phone to the thing that you have plugged in and it works? Only looks like it costs £50
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

That's what 'Street' has just suggested and shown you above ^ :-D

Marc
Leevis

Post by Leevis »

I like the look of those. My concern here is that I do not know whether it will work, I have a 1.6Diesel 2016 Prestige, is there any way of 100% working out whether it will work on mine? I know mine 'should' have mirror link /car play etc but is there a way I can test this? Lot of money to throw at something that might not work
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Ask the seller any questions via the Amazon portal using the contact seller option - we can't really answer aftermarket compatibility questions here :wink:

That way if they've said it works, you will have a record of the question and answer, so if it doesn't you can return it. You have 14-30 days days usually, read the seller's returns policy and keep all the packing in good condition, just in case.

Marc
Leevis

Post by Leevis »

Small update on this one, I have tested this with an iPhone owner, plugged it in and still do not get anything other than Internet Browser. From this I am guessing that my car does not have CarPlay and probably not Mirrorlink which kinda means that the Carlinkit thing will not work.

Does anyone know if CarPlay etc was an option on the Prestige or was it standard kit, I have googled but can't find out.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

I'll need your VIN to see if there is anything I can add. Please post your VIN in full without spaces - it will be automatically masked from public view after submitting your post & will only be visible to staff.

Marc
Leevis

Post by Leevis »

vin is VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
Thank you
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Ok, so I just checked and this is a Feb 2016 build and the vehicle NEVER had Mirrorlink to start with according to build specs for the early SMEG unit fitted.

So the aftermarket unit discussed previously will not work.

Having said that, the units have since been replaced with another updated unit, which is detailed on this web site for purchase:

https://www.magpieautos.com/store/Citro ... p535167096

So they advertise it will be delivered ready to use and configured, so may be worth a shot and states CarPlay is enabled. May be worth giving them a call.

Marc
Leevis

Post by Leevis »

Many thanks for this, much appreciated
Leevis

Post by Leevis »

Hi Everyone
Back on the case with this one, been looking on the internet and noticed that you can buy these 7in tablets that have android auto on them.
Just wondering if anyone has one of these and if so, are they any good and also, where would I mount such a thing.
Id like to velcro over the existing display but not too sure if its worth doing. I really do want android auto as it is quite a nice display