Citroen app vin unknown?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023

Re: Citroen app vin unknown?

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

If (and I do mean IF) it is similar to the system as I had on a different make of car several years ago, the system works by monitoring each wheel speed. If a tyre is low on pressure it will spin faster compared to the other tyres. When this happened to me I got a simple 'Tyre Pressure' warning, and when I then checked the pressures I found one tyre had a nail in it.

It is a very simple system to implement, because all modern vehicles have ABS sensors, so monitor the wheels speeds under braking (in case of a lock up). All the software has to do is to continually monitor the wheels speeds to see if there is a consistent difference in wheel speeds, and report it if there is.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
myglaren
Forum Admin Team

Post by myglaren »

Let one of your tyres down a bit and drive for a few minutes, it may identify which tyre is soft.
Paul-R
Donor 2023

Post by Paul-R »

Does the screen have an option to reset the TPMS after inflating the tyres? If it does then it's the indirect type which compares speed information from the four wheels. This is the type we have on our 308.
As I get older I think a lot about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.

"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson​
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

There's no mention of resetting this in the handbooks, so hence my uncertainty, but it does not have a TPMS ECU as in direct systems, so according to parts there's no ECU to process the data from the wheel sensors (if fitted) hence my uncertainty on this.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
JamieLeeWV

Post by JamieLeeWV »

Paul-R wrote: 19 Jun 2023, 12:08 Does the screen have an option to reset the TPMS after inflating the tyres? If it does then it's the indirect type which compares speed information from the four wheels. This is the type we have on our 308.

Can't find Anything to reset that system in any setting unfortunately
JamieLeeWV

Post by JamieLeeWV »

GiveMeABreak wrote: 19 Jun 2023, 12:56 There's no mention of resetting this in the handbooks, so hence my uncertainty, but it does not have a TPMS ECU as in direct systems, so according to parts there's no ECU to process the data from the wheel sensors (if fitted) hence my uncertainty on this.
So does this mean I will still be alerted if a tyre has gone below a certain pressure on my dash?
Paul-R
Donor 2023

Post by Paul-R »

JamieLeeWV wrote: 19 Jun 2023, 20:21
Paul-R wrote: 19 Jun 2023, 12:08 Does the screen have an option to reset the TPMS after inflating the tyres? If it does then it's the indirect type which compares speed information from the four wheels. This is the type we have on our 308.
This is what is on our 308 with a touchscreen. You don't have anything similar?
Screenshot 2023-06-19 20.59.29.png
As I get older I think a lot about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.

"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson​
JamieLeeWV

Post by JamieLeeWV »

Paul-R wrote: 19 Jun 2023, 21:06
JamieLeeWV wrote: 19 Jun 2023, 20:21
This is what is on our 308 with a touchscreen. You don't have anything similar?

Nope. I do not have anything on my main screen with the nav on or my screen next to my speedometer about resetting anything to do with my tyres.
eC4Dude
New User

Post by eC4Dude »

I have hit this problem too ,- got my used e-C4 yesterday, downloaded the MyCitroen app, and the first thing it needs, is the VIN number.

I put in the VIN number (which is on the bottom of the windscreen) but the app says "VIN Uknown", and you can't get past that.

I can't use the DS app because I have an e-C4, not a DS (also I can't see the DS App in the app store).

It has one 0/O digit and I tried both.
Citroen must be looking at a database somewhere, this car is pretty new, only a year old, so maybe they haven't got around to updating it yet?

Any advice will be gratefully received, thank you.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

No - stick to the MyCitroen App.

First make sure your Phone is connected to the vehicle via Bluetooth. It shouldn't need to ask for the VIN, but may be doing so if your phone is not connected.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc