C4X Wi-Fi not working

Yes, place your time and money saving tips here.Nothing illegal or dangerous please!Motoring related only please.

Moderator: RichardW

emircanakisci

C4X Wi-Fi not working

Post by emircanakisci »

Hello guys,

I own a C4X 1.2 130HP 2022. My problem is car Wi-Fi is not working and I can not check updates or use connected services. My dealer says they have no idea about the issue but I believe that it is not a hardware issue but software.

Is it somehow possible to activate Wi-Fi connection?

There is a Wi-Fi section in the settings but when I try to activate it it is not responding and can not activate Wi-Fi
9B6B1E05-D27F-4754-8F61-9E25DEA0F766_1_201_a.jpeg
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: C4X Wi-Fi not working

Post by GiveMeABreak »

You'll need to provide your VIN so I can see what your car has, but from the picture above, it does not look like you have switched it on - the bottom shows a slide and that needs to be switched on for WiFi
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
emircanakisci

Post by emircanakisci »

Hello Marc,

When I touch the switch-on slide goes to middle and there is an animation starts on the upper right but 1 minute later it goes off again and nothing happens. Wi-Fi is never on.

Here is my VIN: VR7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]

Thanks in advance
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Ok, so your vehicle is not fitted with on-board WiFi, which is why you can't activate it.

In this case, you will have to tether you smart phone that has WiFi to the car. Once you have shared WiFi access from your phone to the vehicle, the car can then use your Smartphone's data connection for certain features.

On a separate matter, your vehicle also has an outstanding After-sales campaign for:
MG8 - C4X - Rear Bumper Deflector

Check the support of the rear bumper and rectify it and add the rear bumper deflector if necessary.
MG8
Contact your dealer and quote reference MG8. The work will be free of charge.

Marc
emircanakisci

Post by emircanakisci »

Hello Marc,

Thank you so much for your answer. and the information about after-sales campaign, I will call my dealer.

What I was trying to do was using my phones mobile data so that my car can connect to my phone and so I can use my cars connected features. However this is not possible since I can not activate Wi-Fi and also there is no option for mobile data sharing in my connection settings. Only Bluetooth and Carplay can be chosen.

Another question is how you can reach this many information from my VIN, can I also reach this informations in order not not bother you?
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

You'll need to read through your vehicle manual as there are specific things you need to do about connecting your smartphone first of all before you can access these features.

It is all explained in the owner's manual:

https://public.servicebox-parts.com/dtt ... index.html

Select your language first, then the vehicle, and then the age range of your vehicle, then you will be able to get the full manual and download a copy.

Marc