2016 c1 cd player ?

This section is for General Enquiries or for Systems not Covered Above

Moderator: GiveMeABreak

mikegas1

2016 c1 cd player ?

Post by mikegas1 »

Is there a usb plug in CD player i can get for a 2016 C1 ? i have tried one off amazon but it will not read the cd ( this one B0C2C46P64 ) i think it has to read WMA files not WAM ?
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: 2016 c1 cd player ?

Post by GiveMeABreak »

There's no such thing Mike. A Physical CD player has to be physically attached to the Head Unit and be the correct one for the electrical system. The optional factory-fitted ones (where these are an option for your vehicle) are multi-changers only, not single-slot CDs.

I think what you may be getting confused with is a device that 'mimics' a CD changer, that allows the device (usually to play MP3 files) to use the CD changer interface (again, only for supported head units) to play those media files from a USB or SD card that you have copied the media files to.

These devices use the special wiring connector that a CD changer would have, to plug into the quadblock. Basically, as said it mimics a CD Changer, so any files you want to play from the aftermarket device have to be organised into a maximum of 6 folders and limited to the maximum number of supported files in each folder. This allows the driver to control and play the 'tracks' from any of the 6 'folders' as if it was a physical CD changer.

I hope that makes sense.

As the Citroen C1 is basically a Toyota Aygo along with the Peugeot 107, they all share some similar tech, so I would have to see what type of Head Unit your vehicle has to see if it is compatible. Pop your VIN up and I'll have a look. Please post your VIN in full without spaces - it will be automatically masked from public view after submitting your post & will only be visible to staff.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Your system may already have a USB port that supports Media files without the need for anything else. You should just be able to rip your CDs into MP3 files and copy them onto a USB memory key, insert this into the USB port and allow the system to detect and build a play list of all the files, then select the audio source as USB and you are away. I'll know more once I have your VIN.

Marc
mikegas1

Post by mikegas1 »

Here is the VIN No VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

So according to my info these units were available in several trim options, but yours has the USB input, so you should be able to connect a USB with MP3 files on and play these.

If you have an AUX jack on the unit, you can connect to a media player, but will have limited control and won't be able to change tracks or select folders using the steering wheel controls - which can only be used to change the volume. You need to do all that on the device - so not recommended while driving.

Your best bet therefore, if you have the USB port, is to plug in a USB memory stick with your MP3 files on already and this will be much better, allowing control of the tracks from the steering wheel / head unit.

Marc
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

If you need to check your owner's manual and don't have a copy, download a PDF using this guide:

Owner's Manuals

Follow the instructions and then when you come to select the model year range, you need the date period of 01/04/2015 - 26/04/2016 to get the correct version for the build date of your C1.

Marc