Peugeot 308 2013 battery error

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Navyrum

Peugeot 308 2013 battery error

Post by Navyrum »

After a few weeks after having a new battery fitted i am getting the battery symbol and the stop sign on the dashboard maybe once a week or several time in a five minute journey had the AA back out and they have checked the charging all seems okay garage has check for error code and nothing came up anyone had a anything similar
Paul-R
Donor 2023

Re: Peugeot 308 2013 battery error

Post by Paul-R »

Was the correct specification of battery fitted?
As I get older I think a lot about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.

"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson​
Navyrum

Post by Navyrum »

Battery was fitted by AA so would hope they would know what to fit and the garage who check for the error codes and charging didn't say anything how can i tell if its the correct one ?
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Let us know what the battery model is and the specs (Amps, CCA, EFB, AGM or normal flooded battery etc., along with your VIN and I'll check you have the right type.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Navyrum

Post by Navyrum »

Bosch S4008 096 74Ah 680A VF3**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Ok, so the incorrect battery type and capacity has been fitted.

Your car was originally supplied with:
1) an EFB (Enhanced Flooded Battery) which the Bosch is not stated as being.
2) should be 720 CCA (Cold Cranking Amps), the Bosch is only rated at 680A
3) The Bosch has slightly higher capacity 74 Ah (Amp Hours), where your original was 70Ah, however that is meaningless as it just means it has another 4 Ah so will last slightly longer.

So the key thing here is that you have a weaker battery in terms of power it can supply and also it is not an EFB. It will also perform much poorer in the cold weather and won't be able to deliver the same amount of power as the 720 battery you should have.

EFB batteries are more durable, store more energy and have a longer life.

So you need a L3 720 70AH EF 720 EN battery.

L3 is just an internal PSA designation of level type to denote L1 to L3.

Always replace your battery with at least the same capacity as the original specification (which may not be the battery in the car when you bought it if a used vehicle).

Marc
Navyrum

Post by Navyrum »

Thanks Marc for a quick reply
( PS did anyone manage to fix the Bluetooth echo after changing the sd card peugeot in manchester don't know anything about a config file )
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

They should do. There's a calibration that may need to be applied after the latest firmware and it is documented on their servers.

Tell them to check under the diagnostics section of the Audio and telematics, and look for the TSB entitled "Faulty Operation of the RT6 Audio-telephone system" with TSB reference D5AW010AQ0

Later on in the article it details how they should check:
  • Select the "repair" menu
  • Select the RNEG2010 ECU. Confirm
  • Select the menu « IDENTIFICATION »
  • Look at the parameter value "Number of downloads"
If the "Number of downloads" parameter is different to FE: No calibration update is needed.

If the "Number of downloads" parameter is equal to FE: Update the RT6 audio-navigation system calibration using the following procedure using the diagnostic tool connected to the Internet.

In the diagnostic tool:
  • Select the "repair" menu
  • Select the RNEG2010 ECU. Confirm
  • Select the "Download" menu then "Download a new calibration version"
'Contact technical assistance in the case of an error code CH002 being displayed on the diagnostic tool'

Basically if there has been a download from their server indicated in that specific parameter, it means the calibration file has been applied, but if there is no record of a download then it needs to be done.

Marc
Navyrum

Post by Navyrum »

Hi Marc

The only batteries i can find with the spec's you suggested seem to be for stop / start my car isn’t
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

It doesn't matter whether your car has stop start or not, you need to stick to Peugeot's specifications as an absolute minimum. Forget Stop Start, just get at least an EFB (Enhanced Flooded Battery) of the correct specifications I've provided. These batteries are fitted on cars with and without Stop Start and is just later battery technology.

Marc