DS5 Locking Issue

This is the Forum for all your DS Automobiles Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

paranamanna

DS5 Locking Issue

Post by paranamanna »

I have a DS DS5 2012, and it has only been driven for 45000 miles. However, I have noticed that even after locking the door, it can still be opened by anyone, which triggers the security alarms. I am not sure if I need to change the settings or if I am doing anything wrong. Could you please advise me on what to do? I am afraid to park the car and leave it unattended.
Last edited by GiveMeABreak on 04 Feb 2024, 12:44, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Created Separate Thread
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: DS5 Locking Issue

Post by GiveMeABreak »

I've moved your query here as it's not related to the Alarm, but to the locking system.

The Alarm is a secondary action or consequence of the car being opened when it thinks it is locked.

The central locking system thinks the car is actually locked when it isn't, so needs some diagnostic work to determine the fault - whether it is the catch, the lock or something else.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
wheeler

Post by wheeler »

Do the doors lock ok when using the manual locks on the door(s)?
When you lock with the remote can you hear an movement of the motors inside the doors?
Are both the front doors & boot the same, i.e. they remain unlocked even when you lock them?
paranamanna

Post by paranamanna »

Last edited by paranamanna on 06 Feb 2024, 22:45, edited 1 time in total.
paranamanna

Post by paranamanna »

GiveMeABreak wrote: 04 Feb 2024, 12:46 I've moved your query here as it's not related to the Alarm, but to the locking system.

The Alarm is a secondary action or consequence of the car being opened when it thinks it is locked.

The central locking system thinks the car is actually locked when it isn't, so needs some diagnostic work to determine the fault - whether it is the catch, the lock or something else.
Thanks for assigning this query to the correct category. I am really difficult to figure out what's going on with this matter.
paranamanna

Post by paranamanna »

wheeler wrote: 04 Feb 2024, 15:20 Do the doors lock ok when using the manual locks on the door(s)?
When you lock with the remote can you hear an movement of the motors inside the doors?
Are both the front doors & boot the same, i.e. they remain unlocked even when you lock them?
Dear Wheeler :)

Are the doors locked okay when using the manual locks on the door(s)?
I can manually lock two front doors, and the mirrors are also folding, but the back and front passenger doors can open.

I can hear locks moving, and the mirrors are also folding.

Except for the front passenger door, all other doors can be opened after being locked by a remote. I cannot check the boot because I couldn't find the handle to open it. I always open it by pressing the button on the remote.

Also, I noticed that I can't turn off the deactivation of the alarm button (when I press it, the light doesn't come on)

Please kindly advise me. I am having trouble safely parking my car in the car park.

Thanks for your responses.

Regards
Dash
PaulC5
Donor 2024

Post by PaulC5 »

As a temporary measure, you ought to be able to lock the back doors by using a key in the slots on the sides of the doors near the latches - this should be in the handbook somewhere. However, if I were in your position I would be getting a dealer to check this and also be aware that your insurance may not be valid if the car is not locked and you make a theft claim.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

paranamanna wrote: 06 Feb 2024, 22:46 Also, I noticed that I can't turn off the deactivation of the alarm button (when I press it, the light doesn't come on)
Dash
The alarm button will only deactivate the internal movement sensors (volumetric protection) and pressing the button is not enough. You need to switch the ignition off, then hold the alarm button down for a few seconds until the light comes on, then exit and lock the vehicle. It is only temporary will reactivate the next time the vehicle is opened.

To turn off the main alarm, you need to lock the car with the key.

Marc
wheeler

Post by wheeler »

1st step it to try a BSI reset by disconnecting & reconnecting the battery.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Marc
paranamanna

Post by paranamanna »

PaulC5 wrote: 07 Feb 2024, 11:07 As a temporary measure, you ought to be able to lock the back doors by using a key in the slots on the sides of the doors near the latches - this should be in the handbook somewhere. However, if I were in your position I would be getting a dealer to check this and also be aware that your insurance may not be valid if the car is not locked and you make a theft claim.
Thank you for the detailed and clear explanation.
paranamanna

Post by paranamanna »

wheeler wrote: 07 Feb 2024, 13:14 1st step it to try a BSI reset by disconnecting & reconnecting the battery.
Thank you for your reply. I have attempted to follow your suggestion, but unfortunately, it did not work. :(
paranamanna

Post by paranamanna »

GiveMeABreak wrote: 07 Feb 2024, 11:59
paranamanna wrote: 06 Feb 2024, 22:46 Also, I noticed that I can't turn off the deactivation of the alarm button (when I press it, the light doesn't come on)
Dash
The alarm button will only deactivate the internal movement sensors (volumetric protection) and pressing the button is not enough. You need to switch the ignition off, then hold the alarm button down for a few seconds until the light comes on, then exit and lock the vehicle. It is only temporary will reactivate the next time the vehicle is opened.

To turn off the main alarm, you need to lock the car with the key.
I understand now. Thank you for the detailed explanation.