MyWay/RNEG to eMyWay/RNEG2/RT6 upgrade

This unit is the eMyWay system, also referred to as RT6, RNEG2, or WIPNAV+ for the Peugeot platform and made by Magneti Marelli.
Main Features: The eMyWay colour satellite navigation has high resolution mapping, Bluetooth Telephone & Audio Streaming supported profiles, USB support for Media files & CD

Moderator: GiveMeABreak

citroC5
(Donor 2022)

MyWay/RNEG to eMyWay/RNEG2/RT6 upgrade

Post by citroC5 »

I recently upgraded from a 2008 C5 Tourer with a 1.6hdi and coil springs to a 2010 C5 Tourer 2.0hdi and hydractive suspension.

One of the biggest shortcomings of this new car was the head unit, a very poor MyWay unit with no USB nor A2DP streaming. It wasn't in very good condition because it kept resetting itself and aux didn't seem to work the whole time. Even though I received suggestions for aftermarket Bluetooth units like Parrot systems, I decided to upgrade to an RNEG2/RT6, because then I could get some money back from selling the old unit. I did this in my previous car, upgrading from an RD4 to an RD45, and I sold the display and old radio for the same amount I bought the new head unit for.

I won't go into detail on the actual process of upgrading since I made a video on it ( but now it's been over a week and I have come to some conclusions:

- The RNEG2 is VASTLY superior to its predecessor. Interface, graphics, options, connectivity, you name it, it's better.
- The satnav is still hopeless. I have fully updated maps in the unit but you can't beat a smartphone, which has more info, is more accurate and you can punch in destinations much quicker and more easily. I've tried using the car's satnav but it's only useful if you have no coverage, but that's rare in my part of the world.
- Discounting the satnav because it doesn't have it, the RD45 is still the best radio I've had. Sounds great and it's less of a faff to use. Toggling through sources on this is more complicated than it should be, on the RD45 it's a simple button. Also, I'm not too happy that the id3 info for streamed music isn't displayed, and it was on the RD45. Maybe one day, if I'm feeling adventurous, I'll upgrade to the RD45 again, as long as it doesn't play havoc with the colour speedo.

Thanks for reading.
Paul-R
Donor 2023

Re: MyWay/RNEG to eMyWay/RNEG2/RT6 upgrade

Post by Paul-R »

I enjoyed your video (even though my C5 already has an RT6 unit in) and felt your pain when something stupid went wrong. My 'go to' in such a situation is to tell myself to get my arse into gear, which usually works wonders.

I only ever use the satnav as a glorified road atlas and I've never actually used it to calculate a route in the six years I've owned the car. And in the 308, which has the touch screen SMEG+ unit, I've only used it for route calculation twice in five years! I always research where I'm going beforehand with Google Maps as this gives me more flexibility in deciding where I'm going or, rather, how I'll get there.

I'd completely forgotten about the included torch in the X7 as I normally carry a small LED torch with me. I realise that I don't even know what voltage or bulb is in the X7 torch! Your upgrade interests me although I may never get around to doing the mod myself.
As I get older I think a lot about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.

"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson​
Huskyxantia
Donor 2023

Post by Huskyxantia »

How do you update the sat nav ?
Husky. :?
Paul-R
Donor 2023

Post by Paul-R »

MyWay/RNEG or eMyWay/RNEG2/RT6?
As I get older I think a lot about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.

Huskyxantia
Donor 2023

Post by Huskyxantia »

Mines a 2010 308cc rt6 version
Husky. :?
Paul-R
Donor 2023

Post by Paul-R »

Check your PM for maps.

Or do you mean update the firmware?

NascimentoA

Post by NascimentoA »

Hello, i have a DS3 whit mynav and i whant to update to the RT6/rneg2, do i need do Change the screen? Ir its the same?

Thanks
Best Reggards
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

No the MyWay screen is not compatible with eMyWay (RT6). The RT6 requires a Hi Res Screen.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
AaronS99

Re: Anyone have access to rneg firmware update? peugeot 3008 2012 executive

Post by AaronS99 »

Does anyone have the firmware update link for the
Peugeot 5008 Allure HDi please?

Currsnt details below
Unit Reference: 9808377777
CD number: 8785
SW Version RNEG2.80.E.2

Thanks
proevilz

Post by proevilz »

Hi,

This was a super interesting thread.

I have a DS3 DSPORT 2011 1.6 THP with the original MyWay satnav system with aux port and phone call only bluetooth.

Is it really just as simple as buying a RNEG2/RT6 for a DS3 and fitting it?
Does it need to be a DS3 one specifically, or can I use any from like a Citroen C5?

I would LOVE to get my car upgraded somehow.
Paul-R
Donor 2023

Re: Anyone have access to rneg firmware update? peugeot 3008 2012 executive

Post by Paul-R »

AaronS99 wrote: 20 Oct 2023, 19:10 Does anyone have the firmware update link for the
Peugeot 5008 Allure HDi please?

Currsnt details below
Unit Reference: 9808377777
CD number: 8785
SW Version RNEG2.80.E.2

Thanks
I have 2.85 and 2.86 as ISOs and 2.86 as software for a USB stick. If you post which one(s) you want I can PM you a link.

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

proevilz wrote: 02 Nov 2023, 16:39 Hi,

I have a DS3 DSPORT 2011 1.6 THP with the original MyWay satnav system with aux port and phone call only bluetooth.

Does it need to be a DS3 one specifically, or can I use any from like a Citroen C5?

No, it's not quite that simple. The RT6 also requires the High Definition Screen as well as a compatible RT6 Head Unit. Then there is the VIN coding and configuration of the unit to ensure the configuration options of your vehicle are programmed to the new unit.

Marc
proevilz

Post by proevilz »

GiveMeABreak wrote: 02 Nov 2023, 23:23
proevilz wrote: 02 Nov 2023, 16:39 Hi,

No, it's not quite that simple. The RT6 also requires the High Definition Screen as well as a compatible RT6 Head Unit. Then there is the VIN coding and configuration of the unit to ensure the configuration options of your vehicle are programmed to the new unit.
Ahhh I see.. do you have any recommendations as to where I could pick something up thats compatible and any resources to learn about VIN coding/config or people who offer a service for that?
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

A dealer won't do that's for sure as it's not factory-fitted equipment for your vehicle.

Sometimes a seller may be able to pre-configure it for you if they know exactly what options you have - but that's a risk of course.

Marc