lost satnav

This unit is the eMyWay system, also referred to as RT6, RNEG2, or WIPNAV+ for the Peugeot platform and made by Magneti Marelli.
Main Features: The eMyWay colour satellite navigation has high resolution mapping, Bluetooth Telephone & Audio Streaming supported profiles, USB support for Media files & CD

Moderator: GiveMeABreak

Vic Evans
Donor 2023

lost satnav

Post by Vic Evans »

Just lost the satnav on my wife's 2014 c4 millenium, same car on this thread.
viewtopic.php?p=625430#p625430
Apparently it stopped working for a day a few weeks ago but now it seems permanent.
The screen shows "no satellites visable" & " unmapped zone" .
Any ideas before she takes it to our local Citroen service garage who, I think, will give it the gallic shrug followed by the French equivelant of " dunno".
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: lost satnav

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Prime suspect is the aerial connectors at either end of the aerial, or the aerial base itself or lastly the internal GPS tuner.

Easy test for aerial - buy a cheap GPS aerial for about £10 with connector, plug into rear of head unit in place of existing GPS aerial and leave the aerial receiver temporarily stuck on the dash. Very important that you go for a run in the car for at least 2-3 miles in order for the unit to geolocate itself - having the vehicle stationary won't work.

If the satellites start to reappear, then you know it's an aerial issue and not the head unit.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Vic Evans
Donor 2023

Post by Vic Evans »

Many thanks for quick reply Marc.
Unfortunately I don't have the trim tools to get at the rear of the head unit so I'll have to take it to the garage. I must buy a set of tools.
At least I'll be able to offer your suggestion if I get the Gallic shrug.
Matter of interest, how do I access the aerial connection?
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

I've just had a look on the C4 (b7) and it is a bit more of a faff to get the head unit out, as the multi-function screen and the fascia all have to be removed as a unit to get access to the back - and as far as I can see the RT6 controls are routed differently behind the fascia on this model!

So maybe best to do as you have. RT6 units in the C5 X7 and many other vehicles just use a specific blade or pin type of radio removal key that you insert in the slots and pull it forward to access the rear connections - but your later C4 has a different fascia design which makes it a bit more awkward to get to the aerial connections from what I can see.

Hopefully, they will be aware of how to get to it when you get it in.

Marc
Vic Evans
Donor 2023

Post by Vic Evans »

The garage know how to get at the unit as it was them who took out the screen for repair when it had the original problem.
I took the car to the garage yesterday & explained the problem to the owner who 'fiddled' with a few knobs & declared that it was usually the roof mounted aerial base unit that caused this problem. He seems to know what he's doing.
It's booked in for Nov 12th so hopefully they can fix it.
I'll report back later.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Typically that is the issue with water ingress.

Marc
Vic Evans
Donor 2023

Post by Vic Evans »

Got the car in early today & just collected it working fine.
They changed the antenna base.
€35,20 part, €44,10 lab (0.9hrs) + vat =€95,16 paid. About 81 of yer English quids.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Excellent, thanks for taking the time to update the thread. Will be helpful to others.

Marc