License file for RCC unit in older car

This is the Connected NAV system.
Main Features: It is a fully integrated Telematics System featuring CarPlay, Android Auto, Real Time Services, Voice Commands, High-Res Display, 3D Navigation, Bluetooth Hands Free & USB. 2 versions of the system are available NAC (Navigation Audio Connectée) and RCC (Radio Couleur Connectée) or Connected Colour Radio, which does not have the Integrated Navigation or Live Services.

Moderator: GiveMeABreak

henlon
New User

License file for RCC unit in older car

Post by henlon »

Hello,
I have a C4 GP 2015 that has been upgraded wit an RCC (wave 2) that I got from ebay. It works well but recently Android Auto stopped working so I thought Id update as i am one version behind. As my VIN does not match my rcc unit (the vin obviously says my car has a smeg system) I cant get a valid licence key.

I tried to generate one using this url and the serial of my new headunit but the site does not seem to work at all.

https://majestic-web.mpsa.com/mjf00-web ... XXXXXX.key

Does anyone have any other idea of how I could go about to generate a license file för my RCC?
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: License file for RCC unit in older car

Post by GiveMeABreak »

The RCC is not a Wave 2. Wave* are versions of the Connected NAV.

I can't help you regarding licence files as that's how PSA protect their systems and ensure incorrect updates are not applied. I suspect you will have to stick with the firmware version you have in that case and troubleshoot your phone connection.

Look to more likely issues such as cables (especially cheap cables), Bluetooth connection, phone software and then unpair, remove completely and then try repairing the phone again and make sure you pay attention to the connection options when blue tooth connection is made.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc