DS5 Gen 1 2014 - 2012 difference ?

This is the Forum for all your DS Automobiles Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

evilshoe

DS5 Gen 1 2014 - 2012 difference ?

Post by evilshoe »

Hi forum, I hate to be that guy whose first post is a question (not an introduction or saying hi, but what can I do?).

I'm into big dilemmas. between two models of DS5 2.0 HDI. exactly the same models, same equipment, same color, etc. (2.0 HDI, white perla, Manuel gear, 18" no head display, or any "advanced mombo jumbo features). The only differences are in millage, price, and age.

So, I was wondering if there was any real difference between these two years. The only thing that I noticed was that 2014 has an external button for opening the trunk. The seller is informing me that 2014 is not blue.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated. I hope I will join family this week and make my contribution to the community and forum since this is one of the most informative and relevant that I have come across.

many thanks,
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: DS5 Gen 1 2014 - 2012 difference ?

Post by GiveMeABreak »

It is not possible for us to tell you this for the very reason that it depends on each vehicle's build date, the trim level for each vehicle and then any factory options that were specified when the cars where originally ordered.

Also, the vehicles may have different variations of 2.0 HDi engine based on the production date. Later vehicles towards the end of the production run had a different engine to the 2013 versions for example. Other differences include whether it is Euro 5 or Euro 6.* standards, as this means there can be different emissions equipment on board, design changes to the engine and safety systems, and engine components for example.

So it's like comparing Apples with Pears.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
evilshoe

Post by evilshoe »

Thanks for the fast answer. Although I totally understand what you are saying, I was still hoping for some magical answer, like this one is better, or 2014 should have better suspension, or more buttons :)

See you around when a decision is made.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

You'd really need to locate the DS5 sales brochures for the different years to see what engines and what equipment was available, but that's still nu guarantee as it won't account for any customer options or 'option packs' that will include different equipment at different times of the year. One other thing is that there are differences in the country of sale - som options may not be available in some countries. So you see the issue.

A general rule of thumb is that the later models will have had some modifications made to parts and or design as faults and issues were found on earlier models. For example the suspension on later models was improved over the earlier models where the ride was quite hard.

Telematics were updated with the last vehicles in the run getting digital touchscreen instead of the RT6.

Also if considering a Hybrid version, bear in mind that the Hybrid battery pack on these are only guaranteed for 8-10 years, so a 2013 Hybrid model will have diminished battery capacity and range and will have zero warranty remaining. They are expensive to replace at about £6.5k for the battery pack.

Marc
evilshoe

Post by evilshoe »

Thanks for the clearification once again.
Hybrids were not an option because of the battery situation.
The decision was made; 2014 was "just" 2000€ more, and I hope it will be worth it for a long time. I will say hi and present car in a new topic if rulse say so :)
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Not a requirement to introduce yourself, but may be nice to say Hi. :wink:

Marc