RT6 Install and updating maps

This unit is the eMyWay system, also referred to as RT6, RNEG2, or WIPNAV+ for the Peugeot platform and made by Magneti Marelli.
Main Features: The eMyWay colour satellite navigation has high resolution mapping, Bluetooth Telephone & Audio Streaming supported profiles, USB support for Media files & CD

Moderator: GiveMeABreak

mitsub
Donor 2023

RT6 Install and updating maps

Post by mitsub »

Hi,
I have installed a replacement radio in my C5 (X7) 2012 and have recoded it via Diagbox with my vin number. All went well and the tone went! My question now is I want to upgrade the maps and firmware of the RT6. Firmware RNEG2.6.F.1.
My vin number is required to generate the code for this but since my vin number is now associated to this new radio will the code be correct as i have been told by the guy selling the updates my vin number tells him I have a RNEG , which I did.
Last edited by GiveMeABreak on 09 Jun 2023, 12:00, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved to RT6 Forum
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: RT6 Install and updating maps

Post by GiveMeABreak »

This only affects the mapping software and to be honest, I strongly suggest you stick to the current firmware, or you risk the unit resetting to factory defaults, for which Diagbox won't be able to resolve if the RT6 goes into secure mode - which can happen after a 2.86 major firmware update.

Your current firmware version suggests to me that upgrading the firmware yourself will indeed result in a factory reset which will lose functions like parking assistance, language settings and general functionality. The issue then, is that a dealer will a) charge you diagnostic time to resolve (£120 for up to an hour), and b) more importantly may refuse to do this, because your vehicle never had the RT6 to start with - so when they connect to their servers to download the configuration, it will refuse to do so as it expects a different telematics unit (RNEG).

Whether Mirascripts is enough to restore some functionality, I can't say.

As for the maps, the VIN is injected into the update when ordering from Citroen's site, but as you have found, it won't provide the update for a different system.

There are workarounds for the mapping, but we cannot discuss them openly on the Forum for obvious reasons.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
mitsub
Donor 2023

Post by mitsub »

Yes, I have read here of the after effects of 2.86. so advice taken. Can I ask, I have the maps now, what is the worst that can happen, I'm thinking, if I try to upgrade the maps (leave firmware as is) it will refuse because of the incorrect code, no harm done? Could this be the case.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Yes, the map installation won't do any harm to the system.

Send Paul-R a private message regarding the maps, he may be able to help you with this.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
mitsub
Donor 2023

Post by mitsub »

Thanks
mitsub
Donor 2023

Post by mitsub »

I have updated the UK map with firmware left at 2.60. I had the code ready to enter with the advice from Paul -R, but the map installed without any input, strange. If I chose another map my vin number showed in the box and was happy with that. Map doesn't show my current position's name i.e. my street on the screen, the arrow is ok and in the cluster says 'not mapped'. I cannot enter my street name it comes up with "@" infront of the village name. Driving around it would have me doing U turns at traffic lights and entering where it say No Entry. The original maps were Navtec 2012 the new ones are Here 2021 but my street has been here well over 100 years. Once as I was returning home it actually had my street name showing in the map and in the cluster. Only once, not since. The directions in the cluster most of the time are very good but otherwise showing not mapped.
I have F/W 2.71 and tried that but the usb stick (formatted fully) sat there "checking media" then reverted back to the map. I am wondering what to do next, I also have 2.77 and 2.80.
I have a new MicroSD card ready to fit in the RT6 and have extracted my user files with Mirascripts ready to go. When executing the script I was expecting it to ask "Execute script (yes) Launch Write Command (No) then Launch Read command (yes)" but the "Launch Write Command" wasn't there. Is that correct for a SD with user files installed?
If I try this and it fails, by fitting the original SD back in, is it still a gamble it would revert to how it was?