1.6 200 engine timing

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Doug26

1.6 200 engine timing

Post by Doug26 »

Hi, I am new to this forum and have a problem with an RCZ with the 1.6 200 engine. The timing is set correctly using the right tool, the sensors (2x Cam and 1x Crank) give good, clean square and sawtooth outputs and the engine starts and idles nicely (though the exhaust smells rich). It will also rev well when parked up. However, on driving it generates fault codes P0016 and P0017 (synchronisation issues) and sets the EML. There is also a a U1118 error, communication with the BSI ECU. It has correct and new oil and filter. There are also some minor faults reported but I think I have highlighted the key ones.

I have Diag Box and have tried the dynamic tests to make sure the vanos unit are working (they are) but am now at a loss of what to investigate next and would appreciate any guidance from someone more knowledgeable.

I do have the full report available but didn't want to load that up unless there is someone available.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: 1.6 200 engine timing

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Hi and welcome.

Pop your VIN up so I can check those codes as they relate to your specific EMS (please post your VIN in full without spaces - it will be automatically masked from public view after submitting your post & will only be visible to staff).
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Doug26

Re: 1.6 200 engine timing

Post by Doug26 »

VF3**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]