After upgrading to RD45, parking aid too loud

This unit is the RD4 or RD45 system, made by Continental.
Usually standard equipment unless another system is specified as an option. There are Single & Dual Tuner versions. RD45 features over the RD4: The RD45 has USB connectivity & integrated Bluetooth module supporting Phone & Audio Streaming.

Moderator: GiveMeABreak

Trickytail

After upgrading to RD45, parking aid too loud

Post by Trickytail »

Hello everyone, recently i upgraded from a RD4 to a RD45 on my 2008 C4 VTS and the parking aid sound is extremely loud, especially the rear. My car comes equipped with the amplifier and JBL subwoofer and CD changer. I also changed the screen to one with software v73 and every function works fantastic. The RD45 from what i can remember has SW version 4.00.something. It was properly installed and VIN coded by an Autel Maxisys Ms909 (or 919) device and by doing a little research in the forum i saw that the RD4 has the options to individually change both front and rear parking sensors volume, well, in mine those are nowhere to be found. I also tried adjusting the radio volume when it was beeping constantly to no avail, i don't know what to do anymore and the volume is unbearable. Any ideas how to fix this?

Also (although less important) when the car is off and i turn on the radio, it randomly shuts down without showing the economy mode warning :?. I remember the guy disabling an option somewhere that wasn't the radio menu that said something along the lines of "the radio is RD4" and enabling one below that said something about the car having an amplifier. Before enabling that last one the amplifier did work though. Maybe that has something to do with it?

One last question, i did the usb cable myself as mine didn't come with one and works fine, now i want to make one for the mic. Can i use any earphone mic, has anyone tried? I don't have the option to buy a psa one since i live in a not so good country :)

Thanks and sorry for my bad english.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: After upgrading to RD45, parking aid too loud

Post by GiveMeABreak »

You should be able wire in any sort of small microphone designed for vehicles.
The volume settings will be accessed from the BSI configuration within the parking assistance ECU, but be very careful what you change - settings in here are often not to do with what you assume they are and have different meanings on different vehicles.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc