rear camera on RT5

This unit is the RT4 and RT5 system and is made by Magneti Marelli
Main differences between RT4 & RT5 - RT5 has Bluetooth Hands Free, faster Navigation calculation and on C4 & C4 Picasso only, USB ports and a High-Res screen.

Moderator: GiveMeABreak

olivian diaconescu

rear camera on RT5

Post by olivian diaconescu »

Hello,
I have a Peugeot 407, 2010 with RT5 WIp Nav. I want to put a rear camera but i want to put the screen automat in the video mode when i put the gearbox in R. Anyone succeeded that?
or i have to buy an interface for this? I saw NG4 it made for that.
Many tks for your answer,
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: rear camera on RT5

Post by GiveMeABreak »

The NG4 didn’t support a rear view camera. Some later models of the RT6 did as well as later telematics systems.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
olivian diaconescu

Sorry i guess i made a confusion: in fact i talk about this : https://www.car-interface.com/vendita/e ... d-ng4.html
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

That link is for a unit that states it is compatible with a Navidrive 3D (NG4) system. In the description below, it also states it is compatible with the RT5, so they say it should work. There is a fair bit of wiring to do though....
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
olivian diaconescu

Marc,
the only thing i want is to not put before the radio in the video mode and then to put in R position. I want to put automat. As i understood this interface can do that, because as I know RT 3,4,5 don't have a rear camera wire out to link the red wire which it comes with the camera.
That is the only reason. I was just curious if someone did that!
xenon2369

Post by xenon2369 »

Hey did you manage to do that? I have the same problem and I would really appreciate if you share some info.
Thank you