BSM Box fault Peugeot 307

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

jonas-swe

BSM Box fault Peugeot 307

Post by jonas-swe »

Is it possible for an "expert" to identify if there is something wrong with my BSM? I have some weird issues with my car where it suddenly can't lock it with the remote or key once I parked it if I drive from home to the gym for instance. So it wont lock, and it wont start again, once I turn the key it's absolutely dead, no sign of life whatsoever.
I've been to Peugeot twice, they replace battery. But it happens again after. Now they say it's my BSM. I did change it this week, but it's happening the same again with the "new" BSM.
However they teach me a trick to wake up the car, that is to disconnect the +pole to the battery, and connect it again, then it will start and run as normal.
So I was planning to tåke this BSM to an var electric expert and let him take a look at it, if possible? Maybe there is some relay that gave up?
Last edited by jonas-swe on 27 Mar 2020, 17:24, edited 1 time in total.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: BSM Box fault?

Post by GiveMeABreak »

You need to follow the procedure properly:

BSI Reset / Battery Disconnect / Reconnect Procedure
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
jonas-swe

Post by jonas-swe »

Its Peugeot that installed my new battery, so I suppose they did it correctly. And it is when my car is dead I sometimes need to disconnect the +cable and then put it back, to be able to start my car again. If not, it's dead.
wheeler

Post by wheeler »

Have you changed the radio in the car to an aftermarket one?
jonas-swe

Post by jonas-swe »

wheeler wrote: 27 Mar 2020, 15:49 Have you changed the radio in the car to an aftermarket one?
No I haven't changed the radio, it's the original one still there. 307 -05 2.0 petrol is my car.
xantia_v6
Forum Admin Team

Re: BSM Box fault Peugeot 307

Post by xantia_v6 »

When it goes into the "dead" state, which electrical items remain functional?
jonas-swe

Re: BSM Box fault Peugeot 307

Post by jonas-swe »

xantia_v6 wrote: 27 Mar 2020, 20:03 When it goes into the "dead" state, which electrical items remain functional?
Once I put the key into the ignition, and turn it on, the lights at the dashboard come on, and the radia still works, this is for maybe 15-20 seconds, after that no electricity works what so ever, except the 12V cigarette lighter plug, I hot a phone charger there and I can still charge my phone.
And once I remove the +cable from battery, and put it back again, the car start as normal.