Roof Bars

This is the Forum for all your DS Automobiles Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Iansel

Roof Bars

Post by Iansel »

Just fitting some Thule Aerobars to the DS7. Is there a preferred location for the feet of the bars or can they go anywhere along the regular section of the roof rails?

also while I am on:

When starting the car with the radio on does anyone else get a jump with a short repetition of a section of the broadcast after a few seconds? It isn't really an issue just odd.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: Roof Bars

Post by GiveMeABreak »

There are lots of different kits from Thule for the DS7 - so depends on what kit you have - but it should all be in the fitting instructions.

As for the sound jump - that's normal as it will be the DAB radio which is digital and always buffers a second or so of the sound.

Priro to the signal being transmitted, the data is sampled in segments and then it gets converted into a binary format. Once the transmitted signal is picked up by your head unit, it streams the data into a buffer and then has to be converted back into an analogue signal from the digital source. That's why there is a slight lag and why it will always be slightly behind an FM transmission.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
JohnD
(Donor 2022)

Post by JohnD »

On the C5-X7 there are four little dimples on the inside edge of the roof rails where the Citroen roof bars fit best. Check on yours - you may have similar.
2010 C5 X7 VTR+Nav 160
1998 1.5 Saxo
1998 Pug 306 1.9D
2018 C4 B7 VTR+
2011 Citroen C1
Paul-R
Donor 2023

Post by Paul-R »

JohnD wrote: 27 Sep 2019, 11:15 On the C5-X7 there are four little dimples on the inside edge of the roof rails where the Citroen roof bars fit best. Check on yours - you may have similar.
And on our 308 as well.
As I get older I think a lot about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.

"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson​
Iansel

Post by Iansel »

Thanks guys, found them on the DS7 now I know they are there!

Ian