C5 X7 rt4 , cd stuck inside

This unit is the RT4 and RT5 system and is made by Magneti Marelli
Main differences between RT4 & RT5 - RT5 has Bluetooth Hands Free, faster Navigation calculation and on C4 & C4 Picasso only, USB ports and a High-Res screen.

Moderator: GiveMeABreak

Cristidica

C5 X7 rt4 , cd stuck inside

Post by Cristidica »

Hello everyone, cd stuck inside the rt4 unit, has anyone had this problem before?
Cristidica

Re: C5 X7 rt4 , cd stuck inside

Post by Cristidica »

I tried resetting the unit using "dark mode" button 10 seconds, is there any other way, like dismantling the unit ?thank you
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

There is a video here for removing a CD from the RD4 - not the same as an RT4, but similar.

If it is one of your own CD that has got stuck (i.e. one that you have burned yourself, - the RT4w are very sensitive and need have the CD burned at the lowest speed.

Some hold the CD button down for 10 seconds - but it is probably stuck in a reading cycle.

I would also strongly recommend that before taking the head unit out that you disconnect the battery negative following the procedure here - and secondly, always remove the quadlock connector first before the other connectors and re-connect it last.

viewtopic.php?f=51&t=61997

Video for RD4:

Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Cristidica

Post by Cristidica »

Yes is stuck in reading cycle for about 20-30 sec after the the unit starts
Thank you, i will follow your steps
Cristidica

Post by Cristidica »

So i dismantled the unit, took the cd out, but now i can't insert new cd in ? Any other solution? thank you
Cristidica

Post by Cristidica »

So first thing happened when i tried to change the hard drive, the cd drive didn't work after that
I couldn't change the hard drive either, i used a ide44 pin to compact flash adaptor and a compact flash , actually 2 adaptors, i know what slave/master means
i put everything as it was
Cd player still dead
After 2 weeks or so the unit died
Now showing citroen logo , i think is trying to boot from hard drive and it's just rebooting and cd drive sounds like clixk clixk click , and reboots
The hard drive works, as i connected it to my laptop, no problems at all, no bad sectors
Used "dark mode button" no chance
Used those 2 white buttons under the unit nothing
I'm just assuming the ribbon cable that connects the hard drive and cd drive to the motherboard is broken somewhere

Any ideas?