XANTIA 90 HDI CAT REPLACEMENT CENTER EXHAUST PIPE?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

HDI

XANTIA 90 HDI CAT REPLACEMENT CENTER EXHAUST PIPE?

Post by HDI »

Ok, so my Xantia HDI 90 has just broken it's CAT outlet pipe. So, if possible I need a centre pipe that bypasses the CAT and attaches to the front pipe from the Turbo. I did this on my Xantia 110 exclusive and the part was easily available but I can't find it for the 90!!
Can anyone advise if the part is available and where from? There will be no issue with the MOT as the car is registered before the mandatory cat law.
Now using '00 Xantia LX HDI, pov spec :(
My past Citroens :-
'00 Xantia SX HDI, now dead due to accident :(
'99 Xantia HDI 110 Exclusive, RIP :(
'97 Xantia TD SX
'96 Xantia TD LX
'96 ZX TD
'89 BX TD
'88 AX GT
'79 CX2400 Pallas (scrapped :( )
& a couple of Peugeots !
HDI

Re: XANTIA 90 HDI CAT REPLACEMENT CENTER EXHAUST PIPE?

Post by HDI »

So it seems from a little research that the centre section from a 1.9td exhaust is a direct fit for the 90 HDI, and being sans CAT resolves my problem?! If anyone can confirm or refute that it would be appreciated.
'97 Xantia TD SX
'96 Xantia TD LX
'96 ZX TD
'89 BX TD
'88 AX GT
& a couple of Peugeots !
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Gabriel, my 1.9TD, has just had a complete new exhaust and that included a cat. I have no further details of it as my local Indy fitted it for me but yes, I do believe the 1.9 and 90 HDi are the same....

A non-cat one should be cheaper. Have seen them on eBay quite cheap but fit can be poor so beware. They can make whoever fits it cuss a bit!
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
elma

Post by elma »

HDI wrote: There will be no issue with the MOT as the car is registered before the mandatory cat law.
I don't think that is correct as the mot regs have said any vehicle factory fitted with a cat will fail the mot if it is not present since issue 01, 2014. Mandatory fitting of them came to diesels in the late 90s but is a separate issue.
HDI

Post by HDI »

As I understand it, if a CAT was fitted to a diesel after 2001, not sure of month, then it will be required subsequently to pass the MOT, despite emissions relevant to a CAT not being tested. So mine at 2000 will be ok without it..
'97 Xantia TD SX
'96 Xantia TD LX
'96 ZX TD
'89 BX TD
'88 AX GT
& a couple of Peugeots !
elma

Post by elma »

I got my information here. I'd certainly check with your mot tester before buying a pipe.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

elma wrote:I got my information here. I'd certainly check with your mot tester before buying a pipe.
That's clear enough then! As I thought...

So, as late 1.9TD and HDi 90s will have had a cat from new so they must now...

Hence why mine was replaced with a cat pipe... It was done by the person who does my MoTs and he knows the rules...

I had to put a cat on the TCT XM I had because of this rule even though running on LPG it did not need one to pass emissions. It had one originally so it needed to have one fitted to pass an MoT. When the LPG conversion was originally done the CAT was removed.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...