Citroen C5 Mk1 Navigation system

This section is for General Enquiries or for Systems not Covered Above

Moderator: GiveMeABreak

C5NavSys

Citroen C5 Mk1 Navigation system

Post by C5NavSys »

I've just bought a 2002 navigation system (JE-3002U(I)), but they didn't send me the loom (cable) connecting the JE-3002U(I) with the CR-Rom. I made all the other connections on the JE-3002U(I) , and the radio and CD player work great. I asked the local Citroen service to provide a loom, but they say it cannot be found. I couldn't find the loom on the net, either.
I could make myself the connections, but I don't know what the output pins are.
Can anybody help me, please?
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: Citroen C5 Mk1 Navigation system

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Post up your VIN, so I know what original specs you have, then I can see what is midssing.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
C5NavSys

Post by C5NavSys »

GiveMeABreak wrote:Post up your VIN, so I know what original specs you have, then I can see what is midssing.
Thank you very much for your help!
My VIN is VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
Do you need the serial number of the JE-3002U(I), also?
Paul-R
Donor 2023

Post by Paul-R »

ISTR that the optional navigation system for the MK 1 C5 used a different dashboard top to enclose the larger screen. Has all this come with the system or is this some kind of similar aftermarket system?
As I get older I think a lot about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.

"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson​
C5NavSys

Post by C5NavSys »

It is the original, but is the monochrome one.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

C5NavSys wrote:
GiveMeABreak wrote:Post up your VIN, so I know what original specs you have, then I can see what is midssing.
Thank you very much for your help!
My VIN is VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
Do you need the serial number of the JE-3002U(I), also?
So you have MkI 2002 C5 2.2 136 HDi (Left Hand Drive) with the factory RB2 Option, with Cassette Player.
24f9b250-ff17-4421-9367-9cdd1413103e.png
There are no looms that are obvious as being available in the parts - as Citroen have told you - and you already have the radio harness (item 20). I have checked other systems (there are a lot of combinations) and cannot see any other wiring harnesses apart from the one you have. Of course for the full colour 16:9 screen there are fibre optic connectors and a stack of other kit - but not compatible with the unit in your car.

There was a similar post here: http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... B2#p495102

The bottom picture is the RT2

Here is the Intermediate Harness for your car: as you can see, Part (1) is different according to the options / kit fitted - so....
Loom.png

Marc
C5NavSys

Post by C5NavSys »

You are very right in all that you said, Marc. I've bought the RT2 (JE-3002U(I)) monochrome two days ago. On its back, there are 4 multiple-pins jacks. I already connected the 3 from my old RB2 Option, with Cassette Player and all suits fine. The radio and the CDs play very well. But for the navigation system to work, I need to connect the JE-3002U(I) with the CD-Rom. For that I need a cable that I don't have and I can't find to buy. On the JE-3002U(I) there is a female connector with 18 pins and on the CD-Rom there is a female with 26 pins. I can make myself the connections, but I don't know the pin-outs.
Could you help me, please?
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

C5NavSys wrote:You are very right in all that you said, Marc. I've bought the RT2 (JE-3002U(I)) monochrome two days ago. On its back, there are 4 multiple-pins jacks. I already connected the 3 from my old RB2 Option, with Cassette Player and all suits fine. The radio and the CDs play very well. But for the navigation system to work, I need to connect the JE-3002U(I) with the CD-Rom. For that I need a cable that I don't have and I can't find to buy. On the JE-3002U(I) there is a female connector with 18 pins and on the CD-Rom there is a female with 26 pins. I can make myself the connections, but I don't know the pin-outs.
Could you help me, please?
So like the one in this picture?
RT2_1.png
Here is the problem:- The wires themselves have the codes on (usually 4 numbers) which I can identify on my wiring diagrams - however, (1) you don't have the wiring harness - so no wire codes and (2) I can't see the CD-ROM you are talking about anywhere on the diagrams (I assume you are referring to the navigation CD-ROM and not the CD-Changer if you have one)? - and I only have the diagram for your car and RPO - not the donor car. The only other diagram I looked at had a completely different interface and navigation ECU - but no CD-ROM, so I can't see what wires there would be going into it as it isn't there. These early systems are a nightmare as they mucked about with different options and it was early days of the technology - they also had Siemens VDO system too just to complicate matters! :-D

Marc
C5NavSys

Post by C5NavSys »

It is exactly the picture we need. The connector I am talking about is the one that is empty. And, yes, I am talking about the navigation CD-ROM. On its back, there is a 26 pins female connector (I don't know how to insert the picture into my post to show it to you).
The cable I am looking for connects the two modules. I have the original 26 pins male connector on the CD-ROM, but not the second 18 pins one on the JE-3002U(I) (yes, the two connectors have different numbers of pins). Although there are 26 pins, only 9 of them have the wires (the pins number 1, 2, 3, 14, 19, 20, 24, 25, 26). I need to know how to connect the wires to the second connector (the one that appears in the picture you sent)
C5NavSys

Post by C5NavSys »

I looked to the wires and I could read some wire codes. I don't know if I read them right, but I give them to you:
XE85A 6M 7708
B8500 VD 3584
6739 PL 2714
XE850 6M 7708
VO 3584
9005E CV
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

C5NavSys wrote:I looked to the wires and I could read some wire codes. I don't know if I read them right, but I give them to you:
XE85A 6M 7708
B8500 VD 3584
6739 PL 2714
XE850 6M 7708
VO 3584
9005E CV
They don't look right - they're not matching up to anything here - but I don't have the donor car RPO or config. To be honest, I just don't think this is going to work. As far as I know the Navigation system fitted needs the large 16:9 Colour Multifunction display, the fibre optic connectors, and various other modules to work. The Colour display is also called the Travel Control Processor and controls a lot of the functions too. Without all of this and the necessary wiring it just won't work. I'm really sorry, but I don't think there is much more I can help with at this end as the wiring and components just aren't here for me to see.

Marc
C5NavSys

Post by C5NavSys »

I have the original Citroen C5 Navigation System Manual, and it says there are two different navigation systems for this car: the one with the Colour Multifunction display you mentioned (but it has a different module and commands control), and the second with the monochrome display (exactly the one that I have now without the connecting cable). But, in the Manual there are no pin-outs diagram.
I think you are right and there in nothing else to do, but to keep looking for a cable with the used cars parts sellers (unsuccessful, till now).
I wanted to post some photos, maybe they could be of any help, but I don't know how/can't insert them.
myglaren
Forum Admin Team

Post by myglaren »

C5NavSys wrote: I wanted to post some photos, maybe they could be of any help, but I don't know how/can't insert them.
Check your PMs !
C5NavSys

Post by C5NavSys »

OK. Thanks, Steve.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Not sure if it will help any, but I have found a link here to a lot of Citroen Audio Units showing the Pin outs - now these may be different, but I suspect some will be common - anyway it might help:
Various Wiring Pin Out Diagrams

This one in particular:
Citroen Pin Out.png

Marc