citroen picaso

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

john s

citroen picaso

Post by john s »

I have a 56 picasso whose rear electric windows do not opperate in the time i have had the car i have opened them once, I have checked the number 9 fuses under dash and under bonnet but they are sound.The only odd thing is the window lockswitch on the dash is now permanantly lit, any ideas please?
AndersDK

Post by AndersDK »

Obviously you have an electric fault in the control circuit. Might be as sinple as a disrupted or jammed/chafed wire in one door.
Usually the control switches returns a chassis connection to activate the EW motor up or down. If one wire is chafed with a permanent chassis connction, the motor will stay jammed.
You will need to strip the offended door to look for any problem.
Anders (DK) - '90 BX16Image
citronut

Post by citronut »

damage to the wirring is usualy between the door and the pillar inside the prottective sheath, as the wire is flexed every time you open/shut the doors
regards malcolm
RichardW
Forum Treasurer

Post by RichardW »

This is a only just a year old car, and a rear window. Broken wire seems very unlikley 8) Anyway, it's still under warranty - get it back to the dealer - it will be multiplexed, so electrical faults are in a different league to the old one wire for one job.... :x
Richard W
john s

Post by john s »

Thanks everyone you have been a great help.I think it will be a trip to the dealer.