safrane 2.2Vi gearbox

This is the Forum for all your Renault Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

we88ie

safrane 2.2Vi gearbox

Post by we88ie »

Hi, 94 Safrane auto gaerbox stuck in safety mode!WHY!! I've had a gearbox chap look at it & the box is fine, mechanically. Works perfectly! But when connected electronically to the car; dashboared light illuminates & computer bleats "gearbox stuck in safety mode" & it won't change. Diagnostics report that there are no fault codes with the car!! Oh & the tacho has stopped working. P.S. "Fuel injection faulty-report immediatly" Anybody got a wiring diagram?? I am at witts end.
Bazza
My Cars:

Post by Bazza »

Hi
Appreciate your problem is now and old one with the Safrane Gear box but hust noticed it as I have now exactly the same problem, same symptoms. Did you manage to get to the bottom of your one. Any help would be appreciated.
Barry
franciscomurat

Post by franciscomurat »

The previous safrane owner to me had the gearbox changed 12 months ago for a recon i think he said it was £700 + anyway he had it stuck in safety and was told that if he disconnected the battery for a few hours it would all reset itself apparently he tried and no joy but i mention it ...you never know,incidently as the previous post said its a very very common fault so i dont really know why renault didnt do anything at the time,good luck with it.