Renault Can Clip

This is the Forum for all your Renault Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

demag
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: "H" Citroen Bx Tgs Automatic.
2006 Toyota Prius T4 Gen 2.

Renault Can Clip

Post by demag »

I see there are lots of clones on the bay. Has anyone got one, are they worth having? I only have one key with the car. Can they be coded with the Clip? I've been quoted £150 for a key but can buy a clone for less than £100 so will I be able to do it myself?
Dave
2011 Peugeot 3008 1.6hdi Exclusive EGS.
'04 C5 auto estate 2.2 hdi. Gone.
Bx 1.6 TGS Auto 50k A rare beast by all accounts. A bit tired but getting better by the day. Gone.
'96 XM 2.5TD VSX.......Sadly sold. What an idiot! I should have held on to that.
steelcityuk
My Cars: not applicable

Re: Renault Can Clip

Post by steelcityuk »

Hi Demag,

Nothing wrong with a Clip clone, mine works fine. I can't say for all Renaults but they won't encode cards to cars. Apparently some unscrupulous garages were getting cars in for service, encoding a new key then stealing the cars or selling the duplicate keys. Renault responded by making replacement keys a 2 step process, you order a prepared blank via a dealer who then sets it up on your car. I believe aftermarket solutions don't need the prepared blanks.

Steve.
not applicable
Dave1987

Re: Renault Can Clip

Post by Dave1987 »

demag wrote:I see there are lots of clones on the bay. Has anyone got one, are they worth having? I only have one key with the car. Can they be coded with the Clip? I've been quoted £150 for a key but can buy a clone for less than £100 so will I be able to do it myself?
well, CLIP has been upgraded to v167, enjoy free soft
http://www.obdii365.com/service/renault ... 84903.html