Reversing Camera (RT6)

This unit is the eMyWay system, also referred to as RT6, RNEG2, or WIPNAV+ for the Peugeot platform and made by Magneti Marelli.
Main Features: The eMyWay colour satellite navigation has high resolution mapping, Bluetooth Telephone & Audio Streaming supported profiles, USB support for Media files & CD

Moderator: GiveMeABreak

renagade

Reversing Camera (RT6)

Post by renagade »

Well today's job is to fit a reversing camera to my 2011 c5 e-hdi 1.6 egs6 car. What I would like to ask is where do I connect the positive and negative from the camera to the car. I have the boot lid liner out and was just as mystified . Any one please.
There are so many roads to travel but so little time, (Paul Cofield )
Paul-R
Donor 2023

Re: Reversing Camera

Post by Paul-R »

As I get older I think a lot about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.

"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson​
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

renagade wrote:Well today's job is to fit a reversing camera to my 2011 c5 e-hdi 1.6 egs6 car. What I would like to ask is where do I connect the positive and negative from the camera to the car. I have the boot lid liner out and was just as mystified . Any one please.
The wiring in my post that Paul referred to above I think was for an original wiring setup for the OEM Camera on a Tourer, showing what connectors and wiring there should be.

If you have bought an aftermarket camera 0 there should be instructions, but I would think that for the camera to engage when reverse gear is selected you would need to take a feed from the reverse lighting wire and the other to ground.

What did you end up buying in the end?
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
renagade

Post by renagade »

Sorry,I ended up with a 2011 C5 1.6 e-hdi vtr +nav with the egs6 gearbox. Now the strange bit (my next door neighbor bought the 2009 2ltr hdi vtr+ )is I have not noticed the drop from 2ltr to 1.6 ltr. The car has 16 inch instead or the 17 inch that my other car had and it makes a massive difference to the ride in a very good way. The car comes the stop start thingy and has parking "eyes " front back and on the sides as well because it apparently you can drive up to a car parking space and the car will tell you if your car will fit ( in other words don't pratt about and look for another space ) So far I am loving it.
There are so many roads to travel but so little time, (Paul Cofield )