Xantia X2 blowing 15amp fuse in engine bay

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

chazo

Xantia X2 blowing 15amp fuse in engine bay

Post by chazo »

Today my xantia hdi just stop dead called AA and he couldn't diagnose the exact problem. In the engine bay fuse box, f4 15amp keeps blowing when engine gets warm and on his wiring diagram it show f4 as free! Cost me £119 upgrade AA to get citroen home
xantia_v6
Forum Admin Team
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: -
1997 Citroen Xantia V6 (France)
1999 Citroen XM V6 ES9 (France)
2011 Peugeot 308 CC THP 155 (NZ)
1975 Jaguar XJ-S pre-HE (NZ)

Re: Xantia X2 blowing 15amp fuse in engine bay

Post by xantia_v6 »

If you post your VIN, someone may be able to find the correct wiring diagram for your car.
chazo

Post by chazo »

The wiring diagram the AA show me said it a F4 is a free fuse and it's the same in my manual. VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
chazo

Post by chazo »

Traced blue wire and pink wire to fuel pump relay, small brown box by ecu, possibly faulty can I test this
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

That will be the double injection relay and can only be tested by substitution...

I have genuine HDi Wiring diagrams and will see if I have a scan of one I can offer you...

If it's the fuel pump feed then chances are the pump is unhappy or the wiring to it is chafed and shorting.. It runs under the floorpan in a cable tray.

Try disconnecting the pump at the plug on top of the tank (accessible under the big round bung under the RH rear seat) and see if the fuse still pops. If it remains intact the pump may be duff...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Wiring Diagrams for you...

Schematic

Harnesses

Locations

Hope they help you locate the problem...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
chazo

Post by chazo »

Cheers Jim, the car starts ok and runs for about ten minutes then blows F4 fuse, the blue and pink wires from F4 go the connector with the red clip for the fuel pump rely which are fine. With the diagrams I can trace the wires go elsewhere
xantia_v6
Forum Admin Team
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: -
1997 Citroen Xantia V6 (France)
1999 Citroen XM V6 ES9 (France)
2011 Peugeot 308 CC THP 155 (NZ)
1975 Jaguar XJ-S pre-HE (NZ)

Post by xantia_v6 »

Am I correct in thinking that the schematic shows that the feed from F4 goes (via the double relay) to an off page connector to the cooling fan circuit? This could be significant, and would require an extra page to be scanned.