c5 2003 suspension fault

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

loco30

c5 2003 suspension fault

Post by loco30 »

I recently hit a pothole with my c5 estate front drivers side all the suspension lights came on and an audible warning bleep sounded all 4 lights on the height control display stayed lit i parked up went into a shop came out, started the car and the lights had gone back to normal (green) 100 mtrs down the road they all came back on and the beep sounded again since then the suspension has been down to the lower level, back to normal, then on top level anyone got any idea what it could be . Thanks Mark.
Ben82
My Cars: C5 V6 2004

Re: c5 2003 suspension fault

Post by Ben82 »

Best bet is to see if you have anyone with a Lexia nearby, as that should show up the exact fault it is talking about.

List of members with Lexias is located here (there's a map too - note: the pins are in approximate locations).
2004 Citroen C5 3L V6 Auto
Brit living in Sweden with an imported from Germany French Car!
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

WAG - one of the height corrector sensors has been shifted or broken.
loco30

Post by loco30 »

Thanks for your advice ill check out all the replies . Thanks Mark
lwreid
New User
My Cars:

Post by lwreid »

myglaren wrote:WAG - one of the height corrector sensors has been shifted or broken.
Hi, I've read a few posts to try solve my suspension problem hope it's ok for my first post to expand on this recent issue.

My 04 C5 20HDI exclusive sprung a hydraulic leak, traced it to pinion seal on steering rack, no time to DIY so local garage took it on.
I discreetly left the haynes manual open at the page in the car, which they used to depressurise system dropped subframe and replaced rack. Suspension wont rise. Pump was running and they got lots of air out but started to footer by popping off height sensors and pressing height controller button. I told them the tricks from this forum (AndersDK in 2009) i.e. pressurize the tank to prime pump but this did not help and now don't hear anything from the pump (although power is going to it) except clicking but may be coming from headlight (HA3 system adjusting headlight?). A garage next door ran some "top of the range generic diag software" which said everything is ok including the pump! Going to work on it myself tomorrow, ill check the two fuses.
Would the pump stop running if it is dry so should i continue with presurizing tank or could it just be knackered, was it removing height sensors that confused system?

Any help appreciated, will update tomorrow.
Got the bug driving my dads Pallas, sooo comfy and unique.
Xantia,
C5 2HDi exclusive 04.
lwreid
New User
My Cars:

Post by lwreid »

Hi, I've spent all day doing citronics but suspension still has not moved. The car is on a hoist with pads at jacking points so just been pressing suspension up to top, lifting hoist so wheels dangle for a bit then back down then press down button on suspension and after a min open bleed nipple. Loads of air is coming out each time but after doing it for a few hours the pump got too hot so need to leave it till tomorrow.
Not sure if this is right as the level of fluid is not going down much and not seem to be making any progress.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Got the bug driving my dads Pallas, sooo comfy and unique.
Xantia,
C5 2HDi exclusive 04.
loco30

Post by loco30 »

loco30 wrote:Thanks for your advice ill check out all the replies . Thanks Mark
Thanks for all the help and advice i managed to fix the problem after all the farting about it turned out that the front height sensor plug was loose must have been the impact of the pothole that loosened it. Thanks Mark.
coastline taxis

Post by coastline taxis »

do belive thats 1 nill to myglaren