Sliding caliper repair kits

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

the_weaver
My Cars:

Sliding caliper repair kits

Post by the_weaver »

Neat Car Parts are selling sliding caliper repair kits for 24.99 pounds delivered, in their ebay shop:-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/REAR-CALIPER- ... 5644102277" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There's a table in the advert which shows applications for rear brakes on Peugeots mainly. There are pictures of the kit in the advert.

I bought a kit to get the gaiters for the Bendix front calipers on my ZX 1.9D. The gaiters on my car are marked "Bendix B328801". The gaiters in this kit are marked "BOSCH B328801". They look the same.

The kit comes in a yellow box with "BOSCH" written on it in red. There's a label with the Bosch part number "0 204 100 098" and then "-3E5". There's also a hand written number "443905". I think there are probably some other applications which are not mentioned in the table in the advert, e.g front brakes on some Peugeots and also some Citroen applications.

The part number for the repair kit for the Bendix brakes on my ZX is 443903. I bought the kit from Neat Car Parts to get the gaiters, but I'm wondering what the difference is between the 443903 kit used on Citroens, and the 443905 kit used on Peugeots. Can I use the sliders as well, or is there some important reason not to? The Peugeot kit is 50 pounds and the Citroen kit is 73 pounds. Citroen also sell the 443905 kit for 50 pounds, so it can't be just them bumping up the price. Does anybody on here know what the difference is? Maybe it's the quality of metal, type of hardening, the plating, or some difference in size or tolerances. Maybe Citroen kits are made stronger, for bigger cars or something. Are the kits from Citroen plated?

The other difference could be the manufacturer. Maybe the earlier kit was made by Bendix, and the later kit is made by Bosch. The parts look so similar that I think Bosch and Bendix must be working together, and sharing technology. Either that or somebody is cloning the designs.

The approximate size of the sliders are:-

Length 62.5 mm
O.D. 20 mm
I.D. 12.5 mm

You get two sliders, four gaiters, a bleed nipple cover, Loctite and grease.

If you need a different part number, they will get it for you, if they can.

Paul
ZX 1.9D, 1993, 218K.