disabling particulater filter

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

chrischester

disabling particulater filter

Post by chrischester »

Hi,
I'm trying to disable my particulate filter in my c8 using lexia in the bsi configuration settings, but when i try to configure the change it asks for a code. Any ideas what this code is and where to get it from?

cheers

chris
citroenxm
My Cars: M reg Xm S2 2.1td Auto Exclusive. 269k and rising
L reg XM S1 V6 12v Manual SEi
L 94 XM 2.1 TD auto total resto

2008 Peugeot 207 Sw 1.6 16v hdi. 217k and rising
2010 Peugeot 207 SW 1.6 8v HDi 161k and rising

Post by citroenxm »

Most likely the ECU Key Code, supplied on a card... but wouldn't of thought it would need that code for the operation you are trying to do...

Paul
Sharing a pug 207 1.6 hdi Sw 16v.
M reg Xm 2.1 td auto exclusive S2 269k and rising
L reg XM V6 12v SEi auto .. Light project

A very sad...
1994 XM 2.1 d auto
JohnD
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: 2010 Citroen C5-X7 tourer
1998 Citroen Saxo 1.5D
2018 Citroen C4-B7
1998 Peugeot 306. 1.9D
2011 Citroen C1

Re: disabling particulater filter

Post by JohnD »

chrischester wrote:Hi,
I'm trying to disable my particulate filter in my c8 using lexia
I believe that somebody who has done the job wrote on the forum that a Lexia was no good to rewrite the ecu file. I think he said you need a galletto cable to download your ecu file to a laptop. All reference to the DPF and Eolys is removed, then the amended file is replaced. Think the cable was around £25 on ebay.
2010 C5 X7 VTR+Nav 160
1998 1.5 Saxo
1998 Pug 306 1.9D
2018 C4 B7 VTR+
2011 Citroen C1
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

I believe the code you are looking for is 01134.
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Post by spider »

Random question: What language is the code written in ?
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

spider wrote:Random question: What language is the code written in ?
French..

<runs and hides>
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Serious answer..

I'd guess it'll be machine language. I've read of these galetto cables and using them to flash the ECU.

It all sounds so simple but I cannot believe it is. As far as I can tell, the cable will allow you to download the code to a file on a laptop but them unless you understand what you're looking at very deeply, I suspect the file will contain gibberish. I doubt it will be readable to an extent great enough to enable the code to be modified easily by anyone other than one who has very deep knowledge of the code and how the ECU works.

Although nobody has come out and said so, I would imagine the galetto cable is used to upload a new file to the ECU that contains the modified code to disable the filter.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
spider

Post by spider »

CitroJim wrote:
French..

<runs and hides>
:tongue: :D
CitroJim wrote:Serious answer..

I'd guess it'll be machine language. I've read of these galetto cables and using them to flash the ECU.

It all sounds so simple but I cannot believe it is. As far as I can tell, the cable will allow you to download the code to a file on a laptop but them unless you understand what you're looking at very deeply, I suspect the file will contain gibberish. I doubt it will be readable to an extent great enough to enable the code to be modified easily by anyone other than one who has very deep knowledge of the code and how the ECU works.

Although nobody has come out and said so, I would imagine the galetto cable is used to upload a new file to the ECU that contains the modified code to disable the filter.
I would image so. I was curios if it was something like C+ or possibly a lower level such as Z80 / 6502 , I can do a 'little' Z80 but not to any great extent unfortunately.
Andy.

picnmix
My Cars:

Post by picnmix »

I understand that a Galletto 1260 EOBDII cable is needed to read the car's ECU and save its contents to a laptop.

This saved ECU file contains the car's ECU computer programming, this is then modified by a program called ECUsafe (http://www.ecusafe.com) which needs to be installed on the laptop. This program disables the FAP (regeneration, FAP pressure sensing, Eolys level reporting) by changing parts of the ECU file which control these functions.

This modified ECU file is then using the Galletto cable again written back to the car's ECU. The car's FAP will now be disabled.

After this has been done the FAP can physically be removed and replaced with a straight through pipe or the filter element within it drilled/smashed up and removed. This is necessary as over time the FAP without the regeneration cycle will become clogged.
steelcityuk
My Cars: not applicable

Post by steelcityuk »

Generally 'editing' software is used to read and write changes to the maps. The software allows the tuner to see how each part of the map behaves on a 2 or 3 axis display. Despite being refered to as a map there are multiple maps controlling the cars behaviour, it the lack of knowledge and/or experience in adjusting these maps that leads to stalling/poor running/smoking or engine damage. It is possible to up the fuelling map but this can be overriden by the torque map so leading to no real improvement at all.

Reading and Flashing the ECU is relatively easy provided you take basic precautions and it goes without hitch but if the laptop crashes, the cars voltage drops or the connection drops then even during a read such a problem can render the car 'dead'. The ECU can lock out and may need replacement chips soldering into place - if you're lucky a pro with the right tools maybe to revive the ECU on the bench.

Galletto 1260 cables are all 'clones' in that you can't get a Galletto cable, there's no such thing strictly speaking. I would still like to know for sure if these FAP free maps have the immobiliser disabled or if it's a piece of code that removes the FAP from the existing map? It was quite easy to get hold of such universal maps at one stage which are very convenient but do make things much easier for thieves.

Steve.
not applicable
picnmix
My Cars:

Post by picnmix »

My understanding is the maps are not changed by the ECUSafe software. The maps are part of the file download and uploaded to/from the ECU but the file also contains the program and parameters controlling other features of the cars management system. Its these program structures which are changed not the maps.
chrischester

Post by chrischester »

DickieG wrote:I believe the code you are looking for is 01134.
Hi, tried this code and did not like it. Where did you get this from to try it?
I'm getting through to the last phase on lexia configuration to disable the fap but just need this code to complete. Then I can find out if It's going to work. Basically every time the regen kicks in the engine stutters and performs erractically, then when the regen finishes the car runs perfectly. Changed the pressure sensor long time ago to clear an anti pollusion fault and now just want to by pass the fap system altogether. I hear what people are saying about the galletto but just want to try usin lexia first as I have just bought it!

cheers
chrischester

Post by chrischester »

Hi, hope I'm not insulting you but it asks for the code in english or are you asking what computer language it is asking in?
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

chrischester wrote:
DickieG wrote:I believe the code you are looking for is 01134.
Hi, tried this code and did not like it. Where did you get this from to try it?
cheers
Try 03114 instead & see how that works.
spider

Post by spider »

chrischester wrote:
Hi, hope I'm not insulting you but it asks for the code in english or are you asking what computer language it is asking in?
No, I was asking what coding language the ECU was written in, or the part that gets 'changed' at least :)
Andy.