I have a slight vibration at idle in my Citroen C5 AC 1.5 BlueHDi EAT8.
The idle speed is stable, with no fluctuation. I don’t feel the vibration through the steering wheel or the seat. However, if I put my hand on the door armrest or center armrest, and on the wing mirror I can clearly feel a slight vibration.
When I increase the RPM slightly, for example when the air conditioning is switched on, the vibration almost completely disappears.
The engine itself does not visibly move back and forth excessively, and there is no knocking or banging noise. The vibration is more of a subtle resonance that can be felt through the interior trim.
The car has an EAT8 automatic transmission. I also notice the same vibration in D and N, so I don’t particularly suspect the transmission.
The lower engine mount has already been replaced, but this did not eliminate the vibration. The vibration was actually present before the mount was replaced.
I am wondering whether this could be related to the upper engine mounts, injectors, or simply be normal for this 1.5 BlueHDi engine.
Has anyone experienced a similar vibration on the 1.5 BlueHDi 130 / EAT8?
Here is the video of right engine mount (test starts from 00:24:
Engine mount Vibration?
-
mickthemaverick
- Forum Admin Team
- Posts: 21080
- Joined: 11 May 2019, 17:56
- x 8091
Re: Engine mount Vibration?
Purely from watching the video I'd think the engine does tend to rotate a tad more than I'd expect which may be the mount getting tired, which in turn may be the source of your vibration. Only one way to find out! 
I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure!
I used to ride on two wheels, but now I need all four!
I used to ride on two wheels, but now I need all four!
-
owl
- Posts: 71
- Joined: 07 Oct 2025, 19:26
- x 15
Re: Engine mount Vibration?
Thanks for taking the time to check the video Mick! I thought the same thing, but I’m not sure if I’m thinking that way because that’s what I want to see psychologically. That’s why I wanted to hear your opinions.
-
owl
- Posts: 71
- Joined: 07 Oct 2025, 19:26
- x 15
Re: Engine mount Vibration?
Any idea or thoughts most welcome
-
Rp0thejester
- Donor 2024
- Posts: 3293
- Joined: 11 May 2022, 19:54
- x 1068
Re: Engine mount Vibration?
That's not slight movement, it looks like its trying to do a summersault!! You wouldn't see that movement in a big yank V8!! Definitely need to check that mount, sooner rather than later. That engine should not be visibly wobbling at idle.
Ryan
'99 Xsara 1.6 X (Red) with Sunkissed bonnet. T59 SBX
'54 Astra Estate 1.7DTI (Artic White)
'06 C8 2.2Hdi Exclusive (Aster Grey)
Champion of Where's CitroJim
Yes I ask the stupid questions, because normally it is that simple.
'99 Xsara 1.6 X (Red) with Sunkissed bonnet. T59 SBX
'54 Astra Estate 1.7DTI (Artic White)
'06 C8 2.2Hdi Exclusive (Aster Grey)
Champion of Where's CitroJim
Yes I ask the stupid questions, because normally it is that simple.
-
owl
- Posts: 71
- Joined: 07 Oct 2025, 19:26
- x 15
Re: Engine mount Vibration?
Rp0thejester wrote: Yesterday, 20:57 That's not slight movement, it looks like its trying to do a summersault!! You wouldn't see that movement in a big yank V8!! Definitely need to check that mount, sooner rather than later. That engine should not be visibly wobbling at idle.
-
PaulC5
- Donor 2024
- Posts: 2600
- Joined: 06 Jun 2023, 15:26
- x 677
Re: Engine mount Vibration?
We have a 1.5 hdi 308 and on idle it does not rotate the engine and probably at higher rpm but I have never checked.
-
owl
- Posts: 71
- Joined: 07 Oct 2025, 19:26
- x 15
Re: Engine mount Vibration?
By the way, since the car has an automatic transmission, I’m pressing the brake and applying some throttle during this test to put some stress on the engine mount.
-
owl
- Posts: 71
- Joined: 07 Oct 2025, 19:26
- x 15
Re: Engine mount Vibration?
UPDATE:
I changed all 3 mounts today with Lemförder. All fine and smooth
Here is part numbers:
LEMFÖRDER 43230 01
LEMFÖRDER 37938 01
LEMFÖRDER 44061 01
I changed all 3 mounts today with Lemförder. All fine and smooth
Here is part numbers:
LEMFÖRDER 43230 01
LEMFÖRDER 37938 01
LEMFÖRDER 44061 01
-
mickthemaverick
- Forum Admin Team
- Posts: 21080
- Joined: 11 May 2019, 17:56
- x 8091
Re: Engine mount Vibration?
A good result, well done! 
I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure!
I used to ride on two wheels, but now I need all four!
I used to ride on two wheels, but now I need all four!