Matt, South West Scotland - XM VSX Turbo Break

A forum for new members to introduce themselves to the rabble already onboard. Not compulsory!
Tell us a little about yourself, lie if you have to but keep it to just an introduction, not a car discussion.

Moderator: RichardW

VSX-Turbo
My Cars: 1995 Citroen XM VSX Turbo Break

Matt, South West Scotland - XM VSX Turbo Break

Post by VSX-Turbo »

I've already seen a couple of usernames that I recognise from a certain brown forum and I'm sure there is probably some cross over from Club-XM.co.uk too but to the majority, hello! I thought it would be sensible to join here too as I recently, and somewhat buy accident, purchased my first French car. What better car to kick off French car ownership than a cheap Citroën XM that's sat for a year with a number of ailments? Probably a 1 litre AX, actually but ho-hum. I found it on Ebay, thought 'Phoar! I like that!' and made a hasty and ill advisable bid. Naturally it later hit me that it was daft but I assured myself that someone else would want it more. No. Nobody else bid. Bollocks.

She's got 127k miles on her 2.0 petrol turbo engine and five speed manual. I'm the fifth owner.

Like I said it has a number of ailments but I'll make a thread in the relevant section.
daviemck2006
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: Far too many good ones to remember. Many BL, Vauxhall, Ford, Renault, Citroen, Peugeot, and now VAG

Re: Matt, South West Scotland - XM VSX Turbo Break

Post by daviemck2006 »

Hello to another Scottish member! With a 2.0turbo. Only mines in a xantia, and it's broken. Your still about as far away as you could be from me in Scotland lol

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
Citroen relay camper 2012
In the family
Seat Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2019 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: Xantia V6 ACTIVA 3ltr 24v Manual p1
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Post by Stickyfinger »

helllooo

As a Scot I am even further away :)
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
3x C5x7 Steering racks and counting
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Welcome Matt,

That's a lovely XM you have there and a great baptism of fire for you :lol:

I've had three XMs myself. one TCT and two V6s. Loved them but sadly my physical attributes do not afford me any comfort in an XM. You could easily sit two of me on the driver's seat!

Hence I'm happier in a Xantia and a C1...

Even the C1 is a bit too big for me really.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...