Looking For Applicants For New UK Car Restoration TV Show

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

NorthOneTV

Looking For Applicants For New UK Car Restoration TV Show

Post by NorthOneTV » 31 Mar 2015, 17:10

Is your beloved project rusting away in the garage? We could be the answer to your prayers.

North One Television makers of Speed With Guy Martin, The Gadget Show and Fifth Gear have been asked by ITV1 to make a brand new primetime car restoration show and we want to hear about your projects.

We understand that you may not have the time or finances to dedicate to your prized classic; so our team of elite mechanics are standing by to give it the mechanical makeover it so desperately deserves.

Interested? Keen for you and your car to be on TV?

Then please get in touch via CAR.RESCUE@NORTHONETV.COM with details of the car including a picture, a paragraph about yourselves and why you deserve to be on the show.
Last edited by NorthOneTV on 02 Apr 2015, 12:13, edited 3 times in total.

Stickyfinger
Donor 2016

Re: New UK Car Restoration TV Show Needs Applicants

Post by Stickyfinger » 31 Mar 2015, 18:42

maybe holmedog can get his Activa on the show....

Zelandeth
Donor 2016

Re: New UK Car Restoration TV Show Needs Applicants

Post by Zelandeth » 31 Mar 2015, 23:31

Hmm...wonder if it's worth putting my VW T25 shaped block of rust on the application list...

Poor thing has been on hold since 2011 when I got it...had stood under a tree for eight years prior to that.

It's an early one and as such I think is worth saving. ...despite virtually every body panel (but not the chassis!) Being utterly rotten...

Andy F

Re: Looking For Applicants For New UK Car Restoration TV Sho

Post by Andy F » 02 Apr 2015, 23:45

T25 are definitely worth saving although I am biased :) Very under rated but hopefully an appreciating classic. Great fun, just finished major engine surgery, wish there had been an air cooled example for sale at the time we got ours, 18.75 litres of coolant and constant temperature gauge watching, although fingers crossed that's a thing of the past on ours. Being a 1983 It's a very early water boxer. I do enjoy driving the Xantia afterwards

citronut

Post by citronut » 03 Apr 2015, 08:19

now the quandary is which one Violet the dersh ( purple and lilac 2CV ) or my DS thats been of the road ( dry stored 99% of that time ) for over 30 years and has a seized engine,

the only down side is i have seen these car resto shows before, do you think they would know what to do with a DS, or even a dersh come to that??????

Zelandeth
Donor 2016

Post by Zelandeth » 03 Apr 2015, 23:31

Ours is a 1980 van on a V plate with the much maligned (and as a result rarely seen now!) 1.6 CT engine.

Yes it's beyond gutless (especially when running on 3 1/2 cylinders...) but it sounds good and being the undesirable version to me just makes it all the more worth saving.

Started life as a painter's van I reckon before having a very decent home made camper conversion done in the mid 80s.

Has to be worth an email...even if I would then need to figure out where to put it down here!...and how to get it here at anything like a sensible price.