Can I add a wireless charger if my car doesn't have one from the factory?

This is the Forum for all your DS Automobiles Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.
AndShezar

Can I add a wireless charger if my car doesn't have one from the factory?

Unread post by AndShezar »

Hello everyone, greetings from Chile.
I'm asking this question because there is little information about the DS brand in my country. Does anyone know if it's possible to purchase a wireless charger and install it in my car even if it doesn't come with one from the factory? It's a 2022 DS3 Crossback E-Tense, and as far as I know, the car comes with the connector.

Can anyone guide me?
Thanks.
Attachments
IMG_4685.jpeg
IMG_4687.jpeg
IMG_4688.jpeg
Djandree

Re: Can I add a wireless charger if my car doesn't have one from the factory?

Unread post by Djandree »

Hi. Everything is possible. But you need to telecode in bsi and choose that this car have wireless charger. Or hardwire it to different power source. Be careful with choosing one because ds don't like piggy back connections)))
AndShezar

Djandree wrote: 04 Sep 2024, 15:52 Hi. Everything is possible. But you need to telecode in bsi and choose that this car have wireless charger. Or hardwire it to different power source. Be careful with choosing one because ds don't like piggy back connections)))
Thank you, how do I do that? Can I do it myself?
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Unread post by GiveMeABreak »

It looks like it is already fitted, but I'll need your VIN to confirm. Please post your VIN in full without spaces - it will be automatically masked from public view after submitting your post & will only be visible to staff.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
AndShezar

GiveMeABreak wrote: 04 Sep 2024, 18:47 It looks like it is already fitted, but I'll need your VIN to confirm. Please post your VIN in full without spaces - it will be automatically masked from public view after submitting your post & will only be visible to staff.
Thanks.

My VIN is: VR1**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Ok, so confirmed it was not fitted as standard equipment.

There are three components for this - the Wireless charging base unit, the pad and the charging indicator that is fitted to the trim. You seem to have the electronic connector already there, but not sure about where the charging indicator part would go as it may be in a different dash / centre console.

I don't believe the BSI will need coding, as this is a stand-alone self-contained unit that already has the connection. However I can't advise on whether the connection is already fused or not.

Marc
AndShezar

GiveMeABreak wrote: 04 Sep 2024, 21:59 Ok, so confirmed it was not fitted as standard equipment.

There are three components for this - the Wireless charging base unit, the pad and the charging indicator that is fitted to the trim. You seem to have the electronic connector already there, but not sure about where the charging indicator part would go as it may be in a different dash / centre console.

I don't believe the BSI will need coding, as this is a stand-alone self-contained unit that already has the connection. However I can't advise on whether the connection is already fused or not.
Thank you for the information.
Of the three components, I found two for sale. I assume the third one wouldn't be entirely necessary since it's just a status light. (What do you think about the status light?)
I just need to take the risk and see if it works.

Thanks.
Attachments
IMG_4717.jpeg
Djandree

I was updating bsi in ds7 and I have to enable it (After update wireless charging was disabled even though Diagbox been doing save on my current configuration)

I would go with aftermarket wireless charger usb powered - less hassle

I thing that without all components something might not work or even will show error codes (it ds after all )) )
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Just to add I have wireless Charging in my C3 Aircross and there's no BSI configuration options for it.

Marc
Djandree

for telecoding check this post viewtopic.php?t=82721