2015 C4 Picasso alarm/BSI problem

This is the place for all your Diagnostic related questions or advice.

Moderator: RichardW

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: 2015 C4 Picasso alarm/BSI problem

Post by GiveMeABreak »

One other important thing I forgot to mention - your car insurance! You must tell them about removing / disabling it, as this will void your existing insurance policy - especially as your insurance premium recognises the Thatcham protection afforded by the factory-fitted alarm system.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Auto_Issues_101
My Cars: Citroen C4 Grand Picasso 2015 2L Diesel Automatic Executive

Post by Auto_Issues_101 »

Hello - I'm experiencing the same issue:

a) Changed the battery
b) now locking the car using the remote Key-fob sets off the alarm.
c) locking with key blade is ok - alarm does not go-off

I've read the thread - just asking if there has been:
1) a definitive root cause found and
2) a definitive solution (other than disconnecting the Siren / switch)?

Thank in anticipation,
Auto_Issues_101
waj1234
My Cars: C4 picasso 2.0 HDI

Post by waj1234 »

It's the alarm module located in engine bay under wiper panel. The batter fails on it causing this exact problem. I just unplugged mine rather than replacement but that means no alarm and the interior button that disables the interior alarm is switched on all time, no big deal as car works fine and no errors show either. Stupid french car😄.

I am sure if you remove it and get one from a dealer it will fix it if you want the alarm to work. I am not bothered as I heard enough of the alarm as it is😂
waj1234

Post by waj1234 »

I should say that I swapped the interior module first and was same problem. The one under bonnet is the siren which has a battery in that fails.
Tom309
Donor 2023
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: Peugeot 308 2015
Ex 405!

Post by Tom309 »

I had exactly the same problem last year with a 2015 Peugeot 308 (uses some of the same components as Citroen). I tried lots of things to try and solve the siren sounding see post: viewtopic.php?p=726985#p726985, but in the end I had to get the BSI reprogrammed at a main dealer. This solved the siren issue, note that no new/replacement parts were needed.
In my case Diagbox showed some other strange faults that happened at the same time of disconnecting the battery. Again all were solved by the BSI reprogram.
Auto_Issues_101
My Cars: Citroen C4 Grand Picasso 2015 2L Diesel Automatic Executive

Post by Auto_Issues_101 »

waj1234 wrote: 12 Nov 2023, 20:36 It's the alarm module located in engine bay under wiper panel. The batter fails on it causing this exact problem. I just unplugged mine rather than replacement but that means no alarm and the interior button that disables the interior alarm is switched on all time, no big deal as car works fine and no errors show either. Stupid french car😄.

I am sure if you remove it and get one from a dealer it will fix it if you want the alarm to work. I am not bothered as I heard enough of the alarm as it is😂
Just to say thank you all for the clarification.
I've heard that the electronics were troublesome in a Citroen.

I'll have to go to main dealer for a reprogram of the BSI - as my wife also drives the car and is a bit "fussy" about such things.

Thank you all for your help.
Newpicman
My Cars: C4 Picasso blue hdi

Post by Newpicman »

Anybody resolved this issue? Have the same problem along with electrical fault warning and service light. Had new BPGA fitted and this has solved the electrical warning and service light. Just the alarm when locking problem to sort now, the mechanic says it was showing a P3000 code (iirc) and thinks if I take it to Citroen for a BSI update/reset then that should do it.
waj1234

Post by waj1234 »

It's the alarm module itself to blame. I removed mine so no alarm goes off. Buy a new module and it fixes it. The problem is it has an nimh battery pack in it which can be bought on eBay once removed and forced open as it's glued together. You can either buy a new alarm module or replace the battery.The battery is there to ensure alarm goes off if car battery is disconnected. It must eventually not hold enough charge so sends a fault and triggers alarm.
The alarm module is under the wiper blade panel.
Newpicman

Post by Newpicman »

waj1234 wrote: 23 Mar 2024, 16:23 It's the alarm module itself to blame. I removed mine so no alarm goes off. Buy a new module and it fixes it. The problem is it has an nimh battery pack in it which can be bought on eBay once removed and forced open as it's glued together. You can either buy a new alarm module or replace the battery.The battery is there to ensure alarm goes off if car battery is disconnected. It must eventually not hold enough charge so sends a fault and triggers alarm.
The alarm module is under the wiper blade panel.
Thanks for that waj, thought it was pointing towards the BSI being corrupt but will investigate further to make sure. Cheers.
waj1234

Post by waj1234 »

No problem. I ran car for a few months with alarm module removed with no problems apart from light on interior alarm disable button being constant lit. I eventually split the module which takes some doing and found the battery on eBay. It's same as some of the older cordless house telephones. Plugged it back on to car and all has been fine since. The electrics on french cars are terrible. Can't wait to get rid of it but it seems to have lost so much value in 13 months we will pro6have to keep it.
Newpicman

Post by Newpicman »

waj1234 wrote: 23 Mar 2024, 16:48 No problem. I ran car for a few months with alarm module removed with no problems apart from light on interior alarm disable button being constant lit. I eventually split the module which takes some doing and found the battery on eBay. It's same as some of the older cordless house telephones. Plugged it back on to car and all has been fine since. The electrics on french cars are terrible. Can't wait to get rid of it but it seems to have lost so much value in 13 months we will pro6have to keep it.
Yep, definitely agree with the electrics. Mine started after having battery disconnected to have new battery fitted and straight after that my Mrs drove it home, went to lock car and alarm started. Glad yours is sorted now and thanks again.
waj1234

Post by waj1234 »

Mine started after battery disconnection during *. Hopefully it will run ok for a while 😂
Newpicman

Post by Newpicman »

waj1234 wrote: 23 Mar 2024, 18:41 Mine started after battery disconnection during as blue delete. Hopefully it will run ok for a while 😂
Where is the location for the alarm module, is it easily accessible?
waj1234

Post by waj1234 »

It's under the plastic panel below the wiper arms. It can be got to but just removing screws if I remember and forcing it open and putting something in to wedge it open while undoing one bolt and one connector. Otherwise it's removing both wipers which needs pullers to do it. My panel went down again ok once I got module out
Newpicman

Post by Newpicman »

waj1234 wrote: 25 Mar 2024, 19:00 It's under the plastic panel below the wiper arms. It can be got to but just removing screws if I remember and forcing it open and putting something in to wedge it open while undoing one bolt and one connector. Otherwise it's removing both wipers which needs pullers to do it. My panel went down again ok once I got module out
Nice 1, thank you.