missing language option

This unit is the RT4 and RT5 system and is made by Magneti Marelli
Main differences between RT4 & RT5 - RT5 has Bluetooth Hands Free, faster Navigation calculation and on C4 & C4 Picasso only, USB ports and a High-Res screen.

Moderator: GiveMeABreak

dmslw

missing language option

Post by dmslw »

Hello,

I recently purchased a used RT3ev unit that was previously installed in a Citroen C5 X7. My vehicle, however, is a Citroen C4 3-door model VIN: V7LARFNC74290309, originally equipped with an RD4 radio. I'm facing a couple of issues and would appreciate any assistance:

Language Options: I've noticed that the language options on the RT3ev unit are limited, with only French available. I would like to change the language, but unfortunately, I cannot find the option to do so in the menu. Could you please advise me on how to access additional language settings or if there are any firmware updates available to enable this feature?
Communication Issue with Air Conditioning (AC): During a global test, I encountered fault code F020, indicating a communication problem with the air conditioning system. Interestingly, I can control the AC from the old panel in my vehicle, but not from the RT3ev unit. What steps should I take to resolve this issue and ensure proper communication with the air conditioning system through the RT3ev unit?
I would greatly appreciate any guidance or assistance you can provide to help me address these issues with my Citroen C4. Thank you in advance for your support.

Best regards, Dominik
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: missing language option

Post by GiveMeABreak »

You can't just swap these units over without a) VIN coding the RT3 to the vehicle and B) reconfiguring the BSI with all the correct options and C) installing the correct large display. I suspect you actually have an RT4, (regardless of it saying RT3 on the back) and also because the older RT3s usually had an optical connection to the head unit.

You'll also never get it to work properly with an RD4 display. It needs a full colour screen to work as you cannot possibly see the system options on an RD4 screen.
Language is only changeable via the software CD, but this won't help until you have the correct screen installed (not sure how you are going to fit that in as your vehicle does not have the correct fittings to accommodate it). You would have to refit the correct fascia and probably the correct wiring connectors, plus without the correct aerials it simply won't work properly -so no GSM and no Navigation.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
dmslw

Post by dmslw »

a) entering my VIN into this radio b) uninstalling RD4 and removing the old display from the BSI in DiagBox, but maybe somewhere I need to change the option related to air conditioning in DiagBox? c) Yes, it's generally an RT4, but it's labeled as RT3ev. I installed a large display dedicated to RT4, GSM and GPS work correctly - I bought both antennas. There is a CD with a language pack or something similar, where can I install another language? I downloaded backup files from the radio and I see other languages, but I don't have screen options.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Ok, so it wasn't clear from your first post that you have made the other changes.

The language (if anything like the earlier RT3) is only changeable from the software CD. It is not a language CD, it is the actual firmware CD. When you select the 'Change Language', shown at 'C' below:
RT4 Language.png
What version of Firmware does the unit have? The latest and last version is 8.31.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
dmslw

Post by dmslw »

I found a potential solution on another forum, but I don't have access to a disk cable:

"To change the language, follow these steps:

Go to the HDD partition containing the user profile files.
Open the 'user data' and then 'user profile' folders.
Within the 'user profile' folder, navigate to the 'supervisor' subfolder.
You should find a file named 'no source status W050' set to 1.
Change the value to 0 and save the changes."

I'll confirm if this solution works once I'm able to try it out.
dmslw

Post by dmslw »

finally i changed manually files directly in HDD and it works, still i don't have option change language, but ok I can live without this option :)