Engineering mode 2019 5008

This is the Connected NAV system.
Main Features: It is a fully integrated Telematics System featuring CarPlay, Android Auto, Real Time Services, Voice Commands, High-Res Display, 3D Navigation, Bluetooth Hands Free & USB. 2 versions of the system are available NAC (Navigation Audio Connectée) and RCC (Radio Couleur Connectée) or Connected Colour Radio, which does not have the Integrated Navigation or Live Services.

Moderator: GiveMeABreak

Sparky72

Engineering mode 2019 5008

Post by Sparky72 »

Hi all,

I couldn’t see an answer to my query, so if it does exist, apologies,

I’m looking to access the engineering mode on our 5008, to enable the entertainment system to use a usb hub. There is one code mentioned quite a few times on the web, 7503900. However I’ve had no success with this number. Would anyone have a different code that I could try?

Thanks in advance
Tony
Last edited by Sparky72 on 03 May 2024, 10:46, edited 1 time in total.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: Expert mode 2019 5008

Post by GiveMeABreak »

That's totally irrelevant.

Those are engineering codes to access certain info for diagnostic reasons. It is not for enablement of any features. You either have the hardware and compatibility or you don't and cannot make it happen with a code.

Perhaps if you provided your VIN, I can check the system you have and advise further.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Sparky72

Re: Engineering mode 2019 5008

Post by Sparky72 »

Hi Marc,

hope its ok to provide a link to a youtube video... If not please remove the link:

Thanks
Tony
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Hi Tony. Before I can answer that I really need to know which system you have.

This is a different matter to what I thought you were referring. The bloke in the video already has USB connectivity on his RCC unit. He just wants to enable the second USB port that is currently redundant.

I have already done this mod on my Aircross and added another USB cable routed through to the glovebox so I can plug in another YSB with all my music on and also use CarPlay on the standard USB provided. You cannot share a USB connection with CarPlay as iPhone takes over the control of the hub, which is why a multi port USB adapter won't work with iPhones. This is not the same for Android Auto systems that work differently and where splitting the hub can work.

So in my case there was no need to programme or access anything - I just connected the second USB cable at the rear of the Head Unit into the redundant USB port and now I have 2 USB sources available.

So it may help if you explain what it is you are trying to achieve - and again if you have your VIN I can see what vehicle equipment we are talking about. Please post your VIN in full without spaces - it will be automatically masked from public view after submitting your post & will only be visible to staff.

Marc
Sparky72

Post by Sparky72 »

Hi Marc,

thanks, sorry we've been away for a while, but hopefully you can help:

VIN: VF3**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]

Thanks
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Ok, so I'm still at a loss to understand what you are trying to do.

Your vehicle already has 2 USB ports as standard!

You have digital connected navigation and these systems in your vehicle have 2 USB type A ports. So what are you trying to achieve?

Be aware that these can charge smart phones and are also used to update the firmware and maps on the Head unit in your vehicle. You should also already be able to use CarPlay or Android Auto.

So it would actually help if you told me what you care trying to do.

I've moved this thread ito the Connected Navigation Forum, now we know what system we are dealing with.

Marc
Sparky72

Post by Sparky72 »

Hi Marc,

Not sure where the second usb port is. We have one next to cigarette lighter in the centre console. Do you know where the other one is? I’ve looked, and can’t see it anywhere 🤷🏼‍♂️

Thanks
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Ok, so I have checked your build date and this model for this year has only one USB port. So you have to decide what you want to use it for:

CarPlay (iPhone) or Android Auto (Android Phones) - which also charges the phone at the same time, or for inserting a USB with MP3 Music files on to play, or for updating the Firmware and maps.

You cannot use a USB splitter or hub - it is not recommended to do this because of the pull on the circuit and you could permanently damage the Head Unit which will cost over a £1k to replace.

Furthermore, Apple CarPlay will not work with any kind of splitter or hub, as the iPhone takes over exclusive control of the USB port when connected.

There is no activation needed or anything else - the Head Unit is already designed to work with everything I have said above - but NOT with any sort of hub or splitter.

If you want to charge another phone, then just buy a 12V accessory with USB ports in that plugs into the 12V accessories port (but this will only provide power and no other functions as it is not connected to the vehicle's telematics system).

Marc