Workshop Manuals - 2009 C5 2.0 HDi

This is the place for all your Diagnostic related questions or advice.

Moderator: RichardW

steveclv

Workshop Manuals - 2009 C5 2.0 HDi

Post by steveclv »

So it looks as though I have found a decent C5 Tourer here in France so I'm having a look around for any workshop manuals in English - most of what I can find is of course in French LOL
It doesn't appear that Haynes ever produced one for the Series 2 so is there anything else available either in print of downloadable?
Also, what is the best diagnostic tool for these cars?
Many thanks (or Merci as they say here) :)
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: Workshop Manuals - 2009 C5 2.0 HDi

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Here, haynes do an online version in English, same as the 'Revue Technique' site in France.

https://haynes.com/en-gb/citroen/c5/200 ... sel-258145

I've selected the RHR version of the 2.0 engine, but there is one for the other variants, so ignore that it says C5 II from 2008 on, this will include the C5 X7 in the following selections.

You'll need Diagbox (a Lexia 3 VCI Kit) and a spare laptop for dedicated diagnostics.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
steveclv

Post by steveclv »

Ah that's great - good old Haynes :) Used to live near Sparkford and their museum was awesome!
steveclv

Post by steveclv »

I am doing some research on the Diagbox but it seems that the ones that come up on places like Aliexpress are causing people all sorts of problems - I imagine they are suspect copies at best. Does anyone have a link to a reliable version that works? I can dig out a couple of laptops as needed - cheers!
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

They are all clones except original Actia interfaces that are not usually found for sale. What you need to ensure is that you get a full chip revision C interface that is fully CAN compatible. Anything too cheap sub £100 will likely be missing hardware components on the circuit boards and these may not talk to all the computers on the vehicle.

Easydiagnostics are a member-recommended UK supplier, but quality supplies of these units are now getting quite hard to source, but they do have alternative new units that seem a lot easier to install and work with. Give Jim a ring and see what he suggests:

FCF Members also benefit from a 15% discount with them.

Easydiagnostics Equipment Discount for FCF Members
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc