2017 DS5 maps and system update

This section is for General Enquiries or for Systems not Covered Above

Moderator: GiveMeABreak

TallPaul73

2017 DS5 maps and system update

Post by TallPaul73 »

Hi all. New here. I have just bought a 2017 DS5 2.0hdi (150). I installed the app on my phone and it showed updates available. I have downloaded them and when I put the usb in the car it came up that the updates were not compatible with the hardware????
Can anyone give me some advice on this??

Thanks in advance
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: 2017 DS5 maps and system update

Post by GiveMeABreak »

It depends on the system you have in your DS5. Pop your VIN up (automatically masked on post submission) and I'll check what you have.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
TallPaul73

Post by TallPaul73 »

Hi Marc
Thanks for this

VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Ok, so you have the Digital Connected Navigation and independent Telematic Unit.

I've just been answering a similar issue on a C4 Picasso, so please have a read through this thread to save me repeating. The only difference is that you have a telematic unit (with SOS emergency buttons) so, assuming this is enabled and not malfunctioning to prevent contacting the servers for a licence, the rest may apply:

viewtopic.php?t=72291

Marc
TallPaul73

Post by TallPaul73 »

That makes a bit of sense.
On reading that i realised that i did not add the licence key file to the usb. Would that be the cause of the issue?
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

The licence key is not needed on connected systems, the vehicle checks in and authorises the car for map updates etc. using on-board communications from the telematic unit. If you can't install the update and your telematics unit is working fine and you are in an area of coverage, then adding the licence file manually may not make any difference, but won't hurt to try. I suspect you also may need to contact the dealer to check the vehicle's status on their connected services database to see if it registered to receive updates.

Marc
TallPaul73

Post by TallPaul73 »

This car was bought 2nd hand from a used car dealer abd not a DS dealer?
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

So just give your DS dealer a call and tell them you have multiple update alerts, but you can't update the system regardless, so need to ensure the vehicle is registered on their system to receive the updates. Forget the used car place you bought it from, they won't have a clue.

DS may of course ask you to book it in and charge you some diagnostic time - but they should be able to confirm whether the system is recognising the VIN for you.

Marc