Interesting audio setup on this Japanese-market C5 X7

This section is for General Enquiries or for Systems not Covered Above

Moderator: GiveMeABreak

Ross_K

Interesting audio setup on this Japanese-market C5 X7

Post by Ross_K »

Interesting ad: https://www.tc-v.com/used_car/citroen/c5/29682527/

Looks like a Citroen-branded Pioneer head unit, a DVD changer in the glove compartment, and a separate TV screen with some kind of sun shade (wonder if that was a dealer option?).

VIN 9L559***
I wanted to do something similar and replace my RD4 unit with an old Sony MEX-BT3900U until I checked the cost of adapter cables for the steering wheel controls and the quadlock connector :shock:

Edit: Must have been fitted by the local distributor. here's another ad which shows the Pioneer "Raku Navi" screen:

VIN VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]***

VIN VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]***

VINs added so I can check SSG later to find out what parts they used
ImageImage
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: Interesting audio setup on this Japanese-market C5 X7

Post by GiveMeABreak »

None of those are factory options. Citroen use bespoke telematics systems. That has been fitted aftermarket.

Citroen Telematics systems are also integrated into the safety systems like the Airbags, so for example in an impact with Airbag triggering, the system will call the emergency services and geo-locate your position. You will also likely loose functions and access to options if you replace with an aftermarket system (which will depend on what you fit of course).
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Ross_K

Post by Ross_K »

I'd tend to agree, for the reasons you mention, although it's strange that every C5 X7 for sale in Japan seems to have this same setup.

Anyway, no big deal...it was just something that made me go "hmm"
ImageImage
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

The reason is because a lot of the Head Unit manufacturers like Magneti Marelli don't / didn't support the Japanese market along with the associated maps. So most of the exports were from the UK for Right Hand Drive and they had to retro fit the units over there. That's why they don't support the vehicle's other features as they are stand-alone units for that market.

It's another reason why Citroen parts specifically exclude certain replacement parts / equipment for vehicles intended for the Japanese market, as they were not originally fitted at the factory for exports to Japan.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc