Factory fitted radio bluetooth/aux in issue

This section is for General Enquiries or for Systems not Covered Above

Moderator: GiveMeABreak

Med_tech3

Factory fitted radio bluetooth/aux in issue

Post by Med_tech3 »

Hi.

I have a weird and annoying problem with my radio on my Peugeot 207. It happens randomly but is happening more often now.
The issue is when I start the car the radio doesn't always connect to my phone. The bluetooth seems to be disabled and also I cannot select the aux in either. I can only select the radio or cd. I can change channels on the radio and use the cd. Turning off the ignition and restarting the car does not cure it. The next time I use the car the bluetooth and aux in is working and selectable. I can stop the engine and restart it and it is a lottery if the bluetooth works or not.

Has anyone else got this problem? I am assuming it is a fault with the radio. Apart from replacing the radio is there anything else I can do?

Thanks

Simon
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: Factory fitted radio bluetooth/aux in issue

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Hi Simon

Have you updated your mobile phone software recently? This can sometimes cause an issue with the Bluetooth.

A couple of things to try:

1) Unpair any Mobiles from the RD4 / Hands Free Kit and your Phone and make sure youhave nothing attached to the AUX input or USB where fitted.
2) Do a BSI Reset following this guide: BSI Reset / Battery Disconnect / Reconnect Procedure Make sure you follow the timings and keep the doors closed.
3) After the procedure, you may need to adjust the Audio preferences again / date / time etc.
4) While the Reset is taking place, I also suggest you reboot your mobile to clear out any glitches.
5) Pair your mobile to the RD4 / Hands Free kit.
6) Be aware synchronisation between the hands free kit and the phone can also take a while after resetting.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Med_tech3

Re: Factory fitted radio bluetooth/aux in issue

Post by Med_tech3 »

Thanks Marc. I will give a reset a go.