Drop link Which one?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Twiss

Drop link Which one?

Post by Twiss »

Hi people. i have to replace the drop link on the drivers side of my 1.9TD Aura but on the gsf online shop it has two types, one the says up to >92 and another says 92> long type. Sorry to sound stupid my car was reg in 93 so i think the long type is the correct one to order? is that right?
myheadhurts
My Cars:

Post by myheadhurts »

May not be the case , your car could have been built in 92 and not registered untill 93.Check with your local branch, mine had a list of build dates for citroen's , can't remember how it worked though i think you need some numbers off the vin plate.Failing that take one off and take it with you if you can get to a branch.
Dave Burns
My Cars:

Post by Dave Burns »

Long one goes to the suspension strut, short ones go to the track controll arm (suspension arm) yours should be the long one.
Dave
VLL
My Cars:

Post by VLL »

Find the 4 digit RP number stamped on the top of the strut turret under the bonnet (right hand side from memory), usualy quite big numbers stamped in white (unless your car's white that is), then use the link below which will calculate what date your car was made using that number.
Makes it easier to order parts if you know exactly what date your car was made.
http://www.citroen.mb.ca/organr.html
Twiss

Post by Twiss »

Ah yes my drop link goes to the suspension strut so i need the long type thank u ulot.
Twiss

Post by Twiss »

Update !! i havent Replaced the drop link yet but i am going to order it from GSF parts before i do just one little question i have a 93 k reg zx Aura so i am going to get the long type drop link but does this come with the bushes aswell ? so all i got to do is order it, fit it and job done :)
wotsupnow
My Cars:

Post by wotsupnow »

They may have changed since I did mine ( Xantia 1.9TD 1998 ) last year but they had two versions of the same part, one had nuts with it the other didn't, and, oddly, the one without the nuts was dearer ! I opted for the cheaper one and they failed a month later so I took them back and got the others which are still doing their job.
Pete