Xantia Front Disc's

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

derekjl57
My Cars:

Xantia Front Disc's

Post by derekjl57 »

Jon:
I can't seem to be able to identify absolutely the correct GSF parts for my 1997 Xantia 1.9TD Estate on the webshop - I've chosen the following so far, have I got the right ones?
Front Disc (283mm, vented): N62332
Front Pads : N64021
I assume that the disc's are sold singly so for a full axle, I'd need two disc's and one set of pads, correct?
I used the shpere identifier on the download page to find the accumulator sphere - many thanks for that!
Kowalski
My Cars: Ex 05 C5 2.0 HDI Exclusive 145k
Ex 97 Xantia 1.9TD SX 144k
Ex 94 Xantia Dimension 1.9TD 199k

Post by Kowalski »

N62332 or N60132 would appear to be the front discs, you'll need a pair.
N64021 or N64036 would appear to be the front pads, you'll need one set.
The two discs are the same price, so only Jon will be able to tell us what the difference is, as for the pads, they'll be different manufacturers (hence the different prices).
chris.p
My Cars:

Post by chris.p »

please how do i change the brake pads on xantia 1.9td 1996, the stop light and the brake light's on, according to the car book,that means there is no pressure as a result the car won't start please help
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Kowalski</i>

N62332 or N60132 would appear to be the front discs, you'll need a pair.
N64021 or N64036 would appear to be the front pads, you'll need one set.
The two discs are the same price, so only Jon will be able to tell us what the difference is, as for the pads, they'll be different manufacturers (hence the different prices).
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
weety
My Cars:

Post by weety »

having worn brake pads wouldnt stop the car starting-does it turn over at all?
harryb.48
My Cars:

Post by harryb.48 »

Derek , this is just a reminder to have ready a Torx t55 bit to
facilitate removal of caliper ,I`m in the middle of the same job and had to reassemble in order to go look for a bit.
Got one at £4.99 at local factor which is a "bit "steep but they are quite rare I understand.
Regards
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

The hydraulic pump on your Xantia is driven from the engine and on startup it is normal for both lights to be on. When the engine starts the lights should extinguish after about 15 seconds when the accumulator is charged and the safety valve senses there is enough pressure for the brakes. The suspension will then rise if the car has dropped. When the suspension has risen the car can be driven.
If the car has been standing for some time it may take a while for the suspension to rise as the pressure which is supposed to be trapped by the anti-sink mechanism may have leaked away. This is nothing to worry about.
The stop light is probably linked to the engine oil pressure warning light circuit for checking purposes and may be operated by other circuits (eg temperature, LHM level for safety reasons.) The pressure light will not be so affected.
So lack of hydraulic pressure will not prevent the engine starting.
jeremy