Thinking about a Saxo - anyone want to talk me out

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by D J Woollard</i>

Is this the Quartz 5000 15/40 or 7000 10/40 oil?
David
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
The 10/40 Quartz 7000 - should be good for the 6K oil changes i do with the Xant and the ZX (at that price definatly!)
David W
My Cars:

Post by David W »

Marty I only ask as you seem to like a good oil at a keen price. For years I have been buying the Vauxhall own brand 10/40 semi-syn that has a very good name in the trade... and the same spec as Total 7000.
I'm currently paying £6.79 for 5lit in an enterprising small town car parts supplier...only £7.99 per 5lit to a punter off the street.
Many smaller places do this oil at a good price without resorting to OhBoy!
Funny thing is that I'm using Millers XFE in my "best" cat at twice the price! Bet it isn't one jot better but if it makes you feel good that helps....
;-)
David
drpau
My Cars:

Post by drpau »

6.70 for 5 litres, thats cheap as ! Last lot of stuff I bought was comma semi for about £15 for 5l, Im being shafted!!
drpau
My Cars:

Post by drpau »

David, out of interest, whats the spec on this millers XFE? I keep hearing good things about all Millers stuff, additives, etc.
David W
My Cars:

Post by David W »

Have a look at their website http://www.millersoils.net .
Well I'm no oil boffin.......but I think their spec is the same as the Vauxhall semi-syn, that is ACEA B3. However Millers claim they have balanced the additives and performance towards the diesel engine in particular...so much so that they say it shouldn't be used in a petrol engine.
As I say I use Millers a fair bit for some vehicles but frankly with 5-6K change intervals in a Cit/Pug1.9TD kept up to level the Vauxhall oil will be perfect.
Yep that Vauxhall oil is good value, I never see it over £12 per 5L apart from in the Vaux dealers themselves.
There is a lot of marketing and hype in selling oil...and a lot of profit in doing so.
David
uhn113x
My Cars: 1981 Dyane - on road all year round.
1982 GSA Pallas - on road April - September.
1997 ZX 1.9D Dimension.

Post by uhn113x »

I do tend to use Millers for all my oils, but, there again, they are only a few miles from here at Rastrick, and their staff are extremely polite and helpful; a rarity nowadays.
drpau
My Cars:

Post by drpau »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by uhn113x</i>

I do tend to use Millers for all my oils, but, there again, they are only a few miles from here at Rastrick, and their staff are extremely polite and helpful; a rarity nowadays.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Aren't they based in Brighouse or something? Ive been over there for the motor auction- very exciting buying a car at auction! batter than sex! [:o)]I can see what that other thread was about on dyslexia - I mean't to put better and i put batter!