Groaning 405

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

beezer

Post by beezer »

Hub flange is the bit you screw the wheels into. Bearings are usually considered to be sealed for life in Peugeot hub. I got scrap hubs for mine which cut out a lot of hassle. You need to get tracking done after though.
tfurness

Post by tfurness »

Did you have it tracked after finding it 3 degress out?
Or is it still out?
Tom
mrbump
My Cars:

Post by mrbump »

Ok,
Changed the passenger side wheel bearing, no change in the noise (this was the wheel that the tracking was out on, and which I did get reset![:p]), so changed the divers side wheel bearing, and,,,,,, noise gone!!![:D] Just goes to show you though, there was no play or roughness whatsoever in the wheel. Quite misleading.
Will get tracking done again this week, but for now I'm just pleased that the problem has been cured[:)]. Thanks for all the replies guys.
Cheers,
greg
nick
My Cars:

Post by nick »

I had the same problem with my Xantia a while ago, a whining/groaning noise related to road speed and it turned out to be a wheel bearing. There was no play or any other obvious problems with the bearing on mine either.
ghostrider
My Cars:

Post by ghostrider »

question, why if there is no play, doesn't feel rough and is just noisy does it fail an MOT? I had this argument with my very picky tester, who in the end said "well I've failed it, if you don't like it pay me and go elsewhere" [:D] [:D]
________
BOX VAPORIZERS
Last edited by ghostrider on 22 Feb 2011, 05:56, edited 1 time in total.
bxbodger
My Cars:

Post by bxbodger »

The testers word is final even when you <b>know</b> he's wrong!!!
How many people have had BL hydragas motors failed by testers ignorant of the fact that the play in the rear bearings is <i>supposed</i> to be there??
Same goes for BX handbrake cable adjustment!!!!
nick
My Cars:

Post by nick »

I had one of my BXs (with the early PRN dash) fail because "The main beam/dip switch doesn't stay on". No wonder, he was pressing the flasher button [:D]