More fun with the BX

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

alan s
RIP 2010
My Cars:

Post by alan s »

As Shane pointed out, in Pacifc Pesos (a.k.a. Aussie dollars) that is a cheap motor car both to buy and to run.
Using the same kind of comparison, if you were to have bought a new C5 say 3 years ago, it would have depreciated over here anyway, by about 30% so you could have bought a BX a year and had you owing you what this one does and still been in front.
When you look at it that way, then it appears you start in positive territory and with a parts car as back up for major items, gives you the opportunity to be miles in front for a long time.
They never brought diesels out here in teh BX due in part to a mess up in the distribution rights around that time as well as our diesel fuel being used more successfully for spraying weeds than running vehicles due to it's quality.[xx(][V]
Tell you what though; the mileage you do would almost make a taxi look sick.
Alan S
DoubleChevron
My Cars:

Post by DoubleChevron »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">That said, you could probably find a decent Xantia TD for £1000, maybe it would need a little work doing but still ...<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Yep, but if Jon likes BX's and doesn't like Xantias a lot, your point is NULL and void. eg: I could never see myself driving a (comparitavly boring) BX or Xantia when there is any possibility that I can drive a CX or DS....
It is still possible to use these cars out here everday (heat is summer aside) and enjoy them to the fullest. No need to worry about "parking them for winter" or anything so drastic.
You only live once, buy what'll bring you the most enjoyment (within you given cost/time restraints).
seeya
Shane L.