Heating fails

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

harryb.48
My Cars:

Post by harryb.48 »

Hello again,
Whilst I think you could have a blocked matrix and/or a flap problem ,I`m all for simplicity and think you should look firstly at the airlock or partially blocked matrix ,as from experience an airlock can be very stubborn to move and you may have to work at it ,repeating the flushing/bleeding process a couple of times.
If you disconnect the heater hose at the thermostat,and with your heater control on fully open,push the garden hose in and start a flow. The water will (should) then return to the rad. via the bottom hose,into which the return hose is connected at the rear of the engine - back-flushing is difficult because of the awkward hose position, but flushing in flow direction should do the job.
Now you should refit the heater hose and bleed the system as before. You MUST have an inverted container on the radiator filler as the heater hoses are some 6-8" above the radiator filler ( There is no separate expansion tank on this model ,it is incorporated in the rad.)
Your cooling system seems otherwise to be operating normally from the information you gave.
Good luck with this.