Default number for keypad

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

paranoid
My Cars:

Post by paranoid »

Thanks for your advice Richard, Went down my usual scrapyard yesterday who I've known for about 20 years and he reckons thats spot on how to do it although he advises that that battery has to be fully charged or ideally a new one, He says the AA/RAC have a big book/cd with all the methods of getting cars running by default, costs about £500 and only a few are printed every year,
I am inclined to believe this because when my rover immobiliser went haywire on the motorway services, the guy looked something up and went through a strange procedure involving leaving doors open, locking and unlocking with the passenger door open etc etc, Worked fine afterwards, never played up for 5 years!!!!
PowerLee
My Cars: Current - Slightly modified 2016 Pug 308 Puretech 130 Allure
Past:
2003 - 206 GLX TU3JP & 206 SE ET3JP4
1995 - 405 Executive XU10J2
1996 - 406 GLX XU10J4R
1994 - 405 GTX XU10J2

Post by PowerLee »

Hi
Could someone email me the keypad code work around please?
I would like to see if it works on my 1995 Pug 405.
Thanks in advance Lee
Email is "PowerLee@aol.com"
jonathan_dyane

Post by jonathan_dyane »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by nick</i>

Its not too hard to bypass the immobiliser on the XUD engined Xantias. Its a case of cutting the protective plate off the injector pump, and running a positive wire to the fuel cut off solenoid from the ignition switch. It could be worth doing if the immobiliser cannot be got working, and the car is otherwise ok.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Correct. I fitted a coded Xsara injector pump to my BX when the original died, and it was easy; just tease the shear bolts around with a punch and replace the cut off valve with a normal one. You've got to take the pump off the car but!
wilkobob
My Cars:

Post by wilkobob »

Hi there everyone, (richard) I too would like the code work around, as I tried changing the code on my car today without success... immobiliser went a bit ding doo and after an hour or so returned to normal. Its not the first time this has happened (happened when I had the battery off) so just in case...
My email is wilkobob@tiscali.co.uk, cheers
Simon