Unbecoming classics

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

tomsheppard
My Cars:

Unbecoming classics

Post by tomsheppard »

Thought it was more appropriate!
I have checked out GReddy who are an American tuning parts company with dealerships all over America and Canada.
Now I wouldn't waste my time Emailing them to find out if they know about their unlisted UK offshoot but I'm sure that they would be interested to know if anybody is passing off their work as GReddy's who appear to enjoy a good reputation - amongst owners of Japanese cars.
nick
My Cars:

Post by nick »

HM Customs & Excise wouldn't be too happy about that 'VAT' invoice either.
arry_b

Post by arry_b »

C+E would have trouble tracking them down, the postcodes for both the "garage" that did the work, and the customer relate to different towns than those on the invoice!
Plus, I think he needs new batteries for his calculator - the VAT on the invoice comes to more than £644!
JohnM52

Post by JohnM52 »

and on top of all that I don't see any information about uprated braking system to cope with 149.2mph!!
Phone number is not even correct for the area...01280 is the area code but i think that Brackley then follows with 70 certainly not 60.
Mmmmmmm!
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

Sure this should go on general chat ebay thread but....
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... RK:MEBI:IT
This is the 3rd time this bloke has sold the car, first time seesm to have been to a timewaster, second time seems to have been to a genuine bidder who also purchased a £10000 VW caravell from him and left +ve feedback - so i mailed him thus:
<i><b>Whats going on with the 106? i notice this is the 3rd time its been up for auction. the first time appears to have been a bogus bidder, but the second time seems to have been won fair and square - even left +ve f/b for you. Now its up again. Are these shill bids to get the price upto your "reserve" or is there something wrong with the car? I would appreciate an honest answer then i can either bid a sensible amount or run like fluff away!. ta.</b></i>
DoubleChevron
My Cars:

Post by DoubleChevron »

Hi Guys,
the answer is simple, he's got two (or more) ebay user ID's and is bidding on his own auctions (to drive the price up), then leaving good feedback for himself when he 'wins' 'cos no-one wants to enough .....[:D]
seeya,
Shane L.
tomsheppard
My Cars:

Post by tomsheppard »

I'm beginning to change my mind;
This has to be the most talked about BX ever,
he's given us all a great laugh
and we have all learned quite a lot about how the Ebay system works.
I'd guess that thread has been the busiest topic of the year!
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by DoubleChevron</i>

Hi Guys,
the answer is simple, he's got two (or more) ebay user ID's and is bidding on his own auctions (to drive the price up), then leaving good feedback for himself when he 'wins' 'cos no-one wants to enough .....[:D]
seeya,
Shane L.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Oh aye - worked that one out Shane, which is why i asked him in the email if he was shill bidding - he has declined to reply[;)]
nick
My Cars:

Post by nick »

I think the winding-up of clueless ebayers could become Britain's new national sport [:D]
DLM
My Cars:

Post by DLM »

I've certainly wound up a few sellers of "BX 1.9 turbodiesels" - some of whom seem to think that if an air box is in the same place as an intercooler, then it's got to be the same thing.