HDi Cooling Fans (2000 MY Xantia)

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

johnny
My Cars:

HDi Cooling Fans (2000 MY Xantia)

Post by johnny »

Apologies in advance for long drawn out explanation but this problem is driving me crazy.
1)Start engine from cold and after a few seconds STOP and temperature warning lights start flahing.
2)Once engine reaches normal running temperature cooling fan cuts in and STOP and temperature warning lights go out, (LH fan only operating), as soon as fan stops lights start flashing again.
3)All the above happens when interior heater fan is switched on in any position. Switch the interior heater fan off and STOP and temperature warning lights go off, but then engine cooling fan(s) don't work at all.
I have looked at the various wiring diagrams in Haynes manual for HDi (post 98 cars) which shows seperate diagrams for engine cooling,heater blower & air con.
So far I have replaced cooling fan relays to no avail, checked cooling fans (both are ok)
HELP!!!!!!!
Stempy
My Cars: C5 V6 Mk1 assainated by wife
Renault Kangoo 1.6 auto, tarted up and remapped
Still missing the Xantia V6
Not missing the AX

Post by Stempy »

Possibly the Bitron aircon control box or it's connections. They do have a bit of a reputation.
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

have you had the relay connectors out to see if the wires are still attached to the terminals going into the back of them ? they are prone to corrode & break off from the terminal. how did you check the fans ? did you pysicaly apply 12v across them & see if they go at full speed ?