shell diesel extra

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

drpau
My Cars:

shell diesel extra

Post by drpau »

Has anyone used this and noticed any difference in the running /mpg of their td or hdi?
Cheers
paul
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

My ZX TD gives me between 44 and 52 MPG depending on my driving, the HDi Xantia gives me between 35 and 50 MPG again depending on driving style and whether or not im towing my caravan.
Should just add that its usually evey 2nd tank i fill with Shell as thats the garage near the clinic, the wife fills up with sainsburys when she has the car, cant say ive noticed any difference whatsoever between Shell and Sainsburys diesels in MPG terms.
drpau
My Cars:

Post by drpau »

A lot of rover L series owners used to say it quietened down the engine, then again, the L series is quite noisey compared to the HDi. Ive also heard good things about one of the Millers additives for diesels.
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

Once ran Shell Extra Petrol in a VX Frontera Sport and it made it feel more responsive. Don't know about the diesel though.
uhn113x
My Cars: 1981 Dyane - on road all year round.
1982 GSA Pallas - on road April - September.
1997 ZX 1.9D Dimension.

Post by uhn113x »

Never been able to tell any difference between makes of diesel or petrol. I use Millers additive in ZX TD - it definitely does make a difference. When I first used it in a BX19 DTR, I got up hills in the next highest gear to before, and it does cut down on the cold clatter. Technical documentation is available.
Local HGV firm sticks loads in their tanks before getting the vehicles tested.
Spoken by one who is totally resistant to snake oil, including the solid-state versions - spark intensifiers, fuel cats, et al.